[Swap is Done/Completed/Thx] I will swap my Live 10 Suite for Your Bitwig 2.4 straight up. :)

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:30 am
DavidCarlyon wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:30 pmThe only thing that has made it hard for me is push. I love programming drums with it, and the integration with devices is amazing, but i dont know if that really is enough to stop me from using the program that does everything i want, the way i want.
You can do almost everything in Bitwig + Push that you can with Live, although there's no such a fancy graphics. Check Moss' scripts:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMgtq3 ... /playlists
Yeah thats amazing. Cant wait to try that. Really awesome stuff. Whilst i love the fancy graphics, the step sequencer is the bit i use most. Will check around to see if there are any scripts for komplete knotrol / maschine too, though im not that bothered about maschine if i can use push. Me thinks maschine might become a bit redundant for me now. Love it, but the drummachine is awesome. i even love the drum synth modules in bitwig.

Does anyone know if you can do internal sends with the drum machine, much like you can in live? Used to love setting up parallel compression chains that way.

*ding ding ding ding* :) It is my pleasure to announce that I am now officially a Bitwigger as support just did their magic and everything went perfect! :party:
Credits to swindus also, as everything went so fantastic good. :tu:

But we do have a Bitwig defector who went the other way to Live.

It would be interesting to here there story as to why.

He has been a long time Live user before though and as of today, Live would serve him best atm and he said it would not be impossible if we will would see him Bitwigging again in the future, but for now, it like this, and a choice. ;)

dellboy wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:56 am But we do have a Bitwig defector who went the other way to Live.

I was inclined but had no money. Its as simple as wanting to develop for Max4Live, which only makes sense if you have Live. Then buy a new license from Bitwig using the upgrade from Bitwig 8-track... For that, Live Suite would have been a bargain...; - )
I think it only makes sense if you need both...

David, still not sure if you are swaping or buying or (something else) but you Are going Bitwig so, what ever, nevermind ;)
Now when the facts are in it took us/me 1 1/2 (working days) in our case, not so bad. :)
Let us know how it goes and your reaction using a Push with Bitwig would be nice and not a photo, little text. ;)
There also was an Ableton 25% off not so long ago and christmas offers is not so far off, not sure how crazy the DAW world of choices usually go in prices at that time of year but hey.
:)
Oh, even more emoticons, wo-ho! :band:

dellboy wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:56 am But we do have a Bitwig defector who went the other way to Live.

As live 10 suite in the uk is £530 and Bitwig is £265 someone has a bargain.

Until you add in the support/subscription costs I suppose. Maybe not such a good deal!

From my perspective live is still the better choice, I have future hopes for Bitwig though....
Bitwig, against the constitution.

I have almost zero interest in slicing loops and so much focus for Ableton went there over the past years...

I don’t slice loops, maybe I am missing something?

I’m not saying live is perfect, they missed so many things they should have improved in 10. Max 8 is pretty good though, the MC stuff opens up great possibilities.

I got my second BW support agreement and live 10 upgrade at the same time, initially I thought why did I waste the cash on live 10, over time though it is Live that I am firing up rather than BW.

Different people different strokes though, it would be shit if we were all the same.

The price should not be the choice factor though and I don't see this as a stock exchange (you know what I mean.. ..) ;)
I think it is so cool we even have choices like this with cool DAWs around, for what it is worth, Live to me is not.. poop.. hello, it is Live.. and you can do crazy stuff with that also :)
Hope this does not turn into a DAW wars thing. :)
Ps, yep ;)

You’re absolutely right, both are amazing tools. It’s all just a matter of taste.

Return to “Bitwig”