Bitwig's use of screen space is AWFUL

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Maybe I neglected to explain this correctly. But in the arranger, there is a point when you zoom right out, that a clip becomes black but is still clearly visible and there is still room for the pointer to hover comfortably over it without needing to be too accurate, but, the pointer tool will not appear, not on the top of the clip or below.

Likewise, getting the right tool at the end of a note in the event editor in order to extend it requires far too much accuracy.

Also, Bitwig autoscrolls far too easily when you try to move a note downwards - autoscroll should only be active at the very bottom or at the very top extremes of a clip when you move the notes up and down. As it is, autoscroll begins when I've still got 2 or 3 notes to go, and if it's actually one of those 2 or 3 notes I want, by jesus is that irritating. Why is it autoscrolling on an E note when D# through to C is clearly visible? It should only autoscroll at the lower extremity of the C note. Did nobody at Bitwig ever think, what if a person wants one of the notes that autoscroll is active on?

Also, scrolling left and right is the very same thing - autoscroll needs to happen at the extremes, not before.

Return to “Bitwig”