Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Edit: SnapHeap can do this.

(Im wondering, why Delay and reverb effects don't have a separate dry/wet control. I mean it is ok if you use those plugins outside the Phase Plant, because you could use a Send bus. But no way to do this in Phase Plant? Or there is a special trick I'm not aware of?)
Last edited by Igro on Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Igro wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:47 pmOr there is a special trick I'm not aware of?
The mix knob, is the dry/wet control.

Rastkovic wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:15 pm
Igro wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:47 pmOr there is a special trick I'm not aware of?
The mix knob, is the dry/wet control.
Yes. I had to edit the post. I meant a separate controls for dry and wet. Actually, I just found out, that SnapHeap can do this in parallel.

deleted

If I buy Phase Plant can I adjust the mix knob, turn off, or delete effects that I don't own from presets that use them? Or is all that locked? For example, if I don't have Convolver and Convolver is providing a convolution reverb that I want to switch out for another reverb plugin... or if I just want to adjust the mix amount for Convolver?

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:02 am If I buy Phase Plant can I adjust the mix knob, turn off, or delete effects that I don't own from presets that use them? Or is all that locked? For example, if I don't have Convolver and Convolver is providing a convolution reverb that I want to switch out for another reverb plugin... or if I just want to adjust the mix amount for Convolver?
If you don't have an effect you can only remove or disable
On any other standard effect, you are allow to do whatever you want

I wish Multipass had linear phase crossovers. The current ones 6db are way too obvious. You can instantly hear the phase shift right after inserting the Multipass. Yeah, linear phase crossovers do does latency, but so is Dynamics (I guess it uses look-ahead, hence the the immediate attack).
Last edited by Igro on Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trying to decide which FX plugins to get for use inside Phase Plant. At this point I'm mainly interested in tweaking presets that I like and might use. Slice EQ seems like an obvious choice, since it's used in many of those presets, and seems to be providing filter sweeps in many cases.

I thought Convolver would mainly be used for reverb, which I could disable and replace with a reverb outside Phase Plant, but I see a lot of presets use Convolver *and* a reverb. And some of these have a "reverb" macro that doesn't affect Convolver, and no macro to adjust Convolver. So I'm not sure exactly what they're doing. Adding extra reverb basically? Or some weird convolution effect? Texture?

How useful is Carve EQ within Phase Plant, compared with using other EQs outside of Phase Plant? Only one preset I might use makes use of it. The EQ profiles seem like they *could* be appealing for EQing presets, depending on what they have. But I don't see anything about a learn function or matching to a curve. And I have a bunch of high-end match EQs and spectral plugins for matching EQ curves, both statically and dynamically, and I don't think there will be any significant benefit from having a match EQ inside the plugin FX chain. Usually I'd want to match what something sounds like post-FX.

I think I like Faturator a lot more than the free distortion, but again I'm not sure if there's much advantage to having the distortion inside the preset FX chain as opposed to outside Phase Plant, and I'm pretty sure I prefer other plugins for saturation/distortion.

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:35 pm Trying to decide which FX plugins to get for use inside Phase Plant. At this point I'm mainly interested in tweaking presets that I like and might use. Slice EQ seems like an obvious choice, since it's used in many of those presets, and seems to be providing filter sweeps in many cases.

I thought Convolver would mainly be used for reverb, which I could disable and replace with a reverb outside Phase Plant, but I see a lot of presets use Convolver *and* a reverb. And some of these have a "reverb" macro that doesn't affect Convolver, and no macro to adjust Convolver. So I'm not sure exactly what they're doing. Adding extra reverb basically? Or some weird convolution effect? Texture?

How useful is Carve EQ within Phase Plant, compared with using other EQs outside of Phase Plant? Only one preset I might use makes use of it. The EQ profiles seem like they *could* be appealing for EQing presets, depending on what they have. But I don't see anything about a learn function or matching to a curve. And I have a bunch of high-end match EQs and spectral plugins for matching EQ curves, both statically and dynamically, and I don't think there will be any significant benefit from having a match EQ inside the plugin FX chain. Usually I'd want to match what something sounds like post-FX.

I think I like Faturator a lot more than the free distortion, but again I'm not sure if there's much advantage to having the distortion inside the preset FX chain as opposed to outside Phase Plant, and I'm pretty sure I prefer other plugins for saturation/distortion.
The main bonus of using effects inside a phase plant is the ability to use them polyphonically. no other third party plugin can do this (or I don't know about it). Also: processing different oscillators on different buses.

Alexander137 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:47 pm The main bonus of using effects inside a phase plant is the ability to use them polyphonically. no other third party plugin can do this (or I don't know about it). Also: processing different oscillators on different buses.
That's a great point, especially since I'm a Seaboard player and I'm only going to use Phase Plant with the Seaboard. What got me to finally buy Phase Plant is the Expressive E bundle with 400+ presets designed to be played expressively with MPE, and they're mainly what I've been tweaking. Along with some of the factory presets I've set up MPE controls for (unfortunately the vast majority of factory presets don't even have aftertouch assigned it seems, not to mention MPE Timbre/Y axis/Slide or release velocity/Lift).

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:35 pm Trying to decide which FX plugins to get for use inside Phase Plant. At this point I'm mainly interested in tweaking presets that I like and might use. Slice EQ seems like an obvious choice, since it's used in many of those presets, and seems to be providing filter sweeps in many cases.

I would suggest ShaperTable. You can do really a lot with that. Very high quality distortion with endless tones.

Igro wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:03 pm I would suggest ShaperTable. You can do really a lot with that. Very high quality distortion with endless tones.
It seems interesting but it was just released so none of the presets I have use it. I'm primarily interested in tweaking Phase Plant presets. Though I guess I could try using it to tweak via per-voice expressive MPE control over distortion with a better range of options than the free distortion. Maybe try to swap out Faturator in presets that have that. Could do a trial of Faturator to see what the settings are and try to do something similar maybe?

That would be a daunting task, I guess )).

it is like a playground starting from empty patch, with this synth i find myself experimenting a lot, coming out with weird sounds, i really like the sampler too, kind of nice to have a lot of options but starting empty
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Return to “Instruments”