Check out my new ReBirth 338 installer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funky, did it ask for admin rights with it's dialog?

You could try going into your Rebirth RB-338 directory and there in the _WINDIR directory run the adm.cmd script. It should ask for the elevated privilage to fix your file associations.

Rebirth will crash if it loads any rbs file without rbs files bound to it in Windows Explorer it seems.

this error screen flashes for like 1/20th of a sec->
error.png
the adm.cmd doesn't do anything
no user privileges have been asked for/popped up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Weird, seems to be easier to install on a mac than on a PC?

nix808 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:48 am this error screen flashes for like 1/20th of a sec->
error.png
the adm.cmd doesn't do anything
no user privileges have been asked for/popped up
You run in an account that does not have administrator rights.
If the account has administrator privileges, you need to run with administrator privileges.

But personally, I would like a version without checking the CD.

I tried to run as Administrator, but still no dice, thanks!

I am admin. No problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OK-that's probably it, I think I tried installing as Admin too. I should have the right privilege level though

nix - Your virtual machine must be set up a little different with its permissions than average users PCs.
You can do -> run adm.cmd as administrator -> then run winhlp32a.cmd as administrator.

robotgard - I tried pretty hard to remove the CD-ROM protection - Rebirth.exe requires the 120mb DAT file from the CD to operate. It contains things like the location of users other mods when you click 'download.' So, it is not removable and the link to seek for the CD-ROM's title 'RB338V20' is buried in the code of the exe.

ty!
It's not on my VM that I am trying to do this it is a regular WIN10 Pro install. The XP VM works fine with the original Props release. It would be better for my workflow if I could run in Win10, my host/main OS

I tried the suggested fix, running adm, then winhlp as admin, and the command line windows worked without error and changed the registry, but the ReBirth still doesn't run, when running the program as admin or not.

Maybe I should try reinstalling.

When I tried running the 2 cmds and ran Rebirth, the help did still pop up too, it had an error '9009', or was empty

edit-I tried a fresh install(running everything as admin). It does the speed test then poof crashes

nix - it is your UAC account control settings then.
The installer should ask for admin rights with a 'YES NO' prompt at a specific point. You shouldn't have to 'run as administrator.'
I see a problem where Windows hasn't been updated and can be missing the UAC control settings somehow.
Can you run cmd.exe as administrator or does that give a regular command prompt?
Have you tried the exe by mounting the iso?

Is the code fixed or repaired daily?
Is this an old mobile app?

:wink:

it seems like it is still asking for both the help and the speed test,
--mmm, I'm not prompted for admin rights
I'll try mountimg the .iso hmm

edit-so if I don't run cmd as administrator, the cmd fails- it throws a similar error to the one I captured. If I run it as administrator it alters the registry fine

edit- to tell u the truth I don't seem to see cmd.exe

Here is my song archive - https://1ink.us/rb/rbs.rar

Today I reinstalled Windows and I ran into the same problem.
Then I found - if you launch Rebirth by double clicking an rbs file - the problem stops and Rebirth will launch fine after that.

darn Noah,
this fix doesn't work here.
Thanks nonetheless

Return to “Instruments”