Catalina & Big Sur Nightmare (Solved)

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Digital coconut wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:11 pm
QuietMusic wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:38 pm Hi
For now Maize sampler 2.8.1 is very stable.

The only drawback is that one of my plugins has a dot in the name: Classic.GTr and in the player creation tool you can't write dots, I tried to solve it by editing the names in the Info.plis file, but it doesn't work, da error.

ClassicGTR.PNG

I already wrote an Email to Xiang to ask for support, does anyone know what file to edit to correct this error?

Hey Quiet, but wouldn't it be too complicated to do an update just because of a dot? how about if you deleted the dots from your instrument names?
:o
In windows this does not suppose any problem, I edit the name of the dll/vst3 and it works, but in mac it does not work or at least I do not know how to do it, it is not enough to edit the name of the file, internally it will detect it with the assigned name when requested the player

QuietMusic wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:25 pm

The only drawback is that one of my plugins has a dot in the name: Classic.GTr and in the player creation tool you can't write dots, I tried to solve it by editing the names in the Info.plis file, but it doesn't work, da error.

ClassicGTR.PNG

I already wrote an Email to Xiang to ask for support, does anyone know what file to edit to correct this error?

Hey Quiet, but wouldn't it be too complicated to do an update just because of a dot? how about if you deleted the dots from your instrument names?
In windows this does not suppose any problem, I edit the name of the dll/vst3 and it works, but in mac it does not work or at least I do not know how to do it, it is not enough to edit the name of the file, internally it will detect it with the assigned name when requested the player
Well lets wsit Xiang solve that.

Digital coconut wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:39 pm
QuietMusic wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:25 pm

ClassicGTR.PNG

Well lets wait Xiang solve that.

You can remove the dot and just rename your .instruments folder without the dot.

Hey
maybe the screenshots explain it better than me :D

This is the installation of the component Classic.GTr version Maize 2.5.6
01.png
02.png
03.png
04.png
I made a project in Logic Pro using Classic.GTr in Logic pro and saved it.

Then uninstall this plugin from the system and install the new version ClassicGtr and rename the component and the instruments folder to Classic.GTr and Classic.GTr.instruments
05.png
06.png
07.png
After restarting and opening the project in Logic, as expected I get an error because the plugin although it is renamed, internally it is still ClassicGTr (without a dot in the name)

After verifying that it fails in this way, I have returned the file to its original name as downloaded from maize sampler and it works normally, but this name change will cause a lot of problems for users who had projects with the previous version of my plugin.

08.png
09.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi you can not use a dot in the name the dot is used as a separator before the extension
so if you use a dot the OS will Think it is a .gtr extension it will not see the proper extension at the end
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename# ... %20limits.

Musik Man

Hi Everybody v2.8.2 prerelease is uploaded which added:

1. Allow mse files to be placed at a different location by asking the user to choose
if no instruments folder is found.

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.10.17 AM.png

2. Add visit website action to button.

Musik Man
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Musik Man wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:27 pm Hi Everybody v2.8.2 prerelease is uploaded which added:

1. Allow mse files to be placed at a different location by asking the user to choose

Musik Man
Maize Sampler is getting more sophisticated every day... 8) If you add Eq. and Delay, will be number 1..

:party: .

Thanks Musik Man!

Any recommendation to see the unique IDs of our plugins? rezilla not working in Monterey

Even using the same "unique id" of a specific MAC plugin in component format, Logic does not recognize it when opening a project. This is causing me countless problems with clients, since they cannot open their projects with my plugins, the plugins work fine the only problem is with the ID, the vst and vst3 versions with a complete scan is enough.

Musik Man wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:27 pm Hi Everybody v2.8.2 prerelease is uploaded which added:

Musik Man
Amazing. Maize Sampler is really getting better. But version 2.8.2 forgets the user's group selection (I tried in FL Studio and Ableton). It had been fixed with 2.8.1. Did anyone have the same problem?

Update: I tried with the latest version of 2.8.2 and the group status now works fine.
Last edited by zaksound on Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zaksound wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:26 pm

Musik Man
Amazing. Maize Sampler is really getting better. But version 2.8.2 forgets the user's group selection (I tried in FL Studio and Ableton). It had been fixed with 2.8.1. Did anyone have the same problem?
I didn't even know that the user could select groups...where is this function? in actions?

Digital coconut wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:05 pm

Musik Man
I didn't even know that the user could select groups...where is this function? in actions?
In the GUI editor, create "Label" and select "Group List". Also the user can select a specific group by creating a button with the "Toggle Group Selection" option.

zaksound wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:48 pm
Digital coconut wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:05 pm

Musik Man
In the GUI editor, create "Label" and select "Group List". Also the user can select a specific group by creating a button with the "Toggle Group Selection" option.
Thaks Zak, i will try today. :phones:

Hey Musik Man,

Do you have any idea on this? :help:
viewtopic.php?t=579310

Return to “Maizesoft”