Progressive house, trance, electronic, and techno (not EDM)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Spring Goose
KVRist
303 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:53 am

Death Row Archie
KVRer
28 posts since 17 Feb, 2020

Re: Progressive house, trance, electronic, and techno (not EDM)

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:01 pm

"3 Free Your MInd": Nice texture on the intro. Cool laid back groove that drops at :30. I dig the lead part (of sorts) that drops at 1:30. The old school string stabs work well. This is well-arranged. The wah-wah part got kind of repetitive, personally would like to hear it drop out at some point. Your snare is getting buried I notice. I know it's subtle, but I'd like to hear it cut through -- you might try bussing your synths together and side-chaining to the snare. Overall nice effort, very listenable.

Spring Goose
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:36 am

Death Row Archie wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:01 pm
"3 Free Your MInd": Nice texture on the intro. Cool laid back groove that drops at :30. I dig the lead part (of sorts) that drops at 1:30. The old school string stabs work well. This is well-arranged. The wah-wah part got kind of repetitive, personally would like to hear it drop out at some point. Your snare is getting buried I notice. I know it's subtle, but I'd like to hear it cut through -- you might try bussing your synths together and side-chaining to the snare. Overall nice effort, very listenable.
Thankyou very much. I haven't got the hang of sidechaining (yet).

Death Row Archie
KVRer
28 posts since 17 Feb, 2020

Post Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:12 pm

Spring Goose wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:36 am
Pretty simple: If you want the snare to cut through (i.e. duck) the synths, send your synth outputs to a common bus and put a compressor on that bus. Then add a send to your snare track and set it to the side-chain input on the compressor. Adjust the compressor settings (mainly ratio, attack and release) until you get the desired balance.

Spring Goose
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Death Row Archie wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:12 pm
Spring Goose wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:36 am
Pretty simple: If you want the snare to cut through (i.e. duck) the synths, send your synth outputs to a common bus and put a compressor on that bus. Then add a send to your snare track and set it to the side-chain input on the compressor. Adjust the compressor settings (mainly ratio, attack and release) until you get the desired balance.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Return to “Music Cafe”