Why customer support is so bad at "best Service"

Official support for: bestservice.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It s my second instrument from Best Service. First time was ok, I didn't get it how to use Continuata manager at first but in the end I figure out. Now, because they don't provide a serial number for the second instrument, all the instructions for installing the instrument with download manager are useless. I told them the situation and the response was: "follow the instructions, it so easy" :o

I try to find the solution how to install the instrument. If anyone know how to install an instrument from Best Service without Continuata and without the zip file with the instrument, only with the PDF for instruction, please help.
They don t give the money back according the the terms and conditions. I think this is a very clever scam. :help: :help: :help:

First:
- stay calm :-)
- no scam and bestservice has one of the best supports out there (I buy from them since a decade or so and NEVER any problems)
- so if they say its easy I am sure it is, but as it is sunday in germany you maybe wont get any support today but tomorrow (german time of course)

So:

- what did you buy and from which company ?
- as they are mainly a reseller it really depends on from where the original product comes from how the installation process goes

If you could deliver some additional information and maybe the link to the installation instruction I (or someone else on the forum) might be able to help you

In atash it s the still with all the info from my account.
The so-called support replied that everything is easy and to follow the instructions only in the instructions says not to use download manager because I do not have a serial number. In the instructions it says to use the manager or to download zip file if it is a link. Since there is no link, I consider it a scam or if not, the man from the "best service" is making fun of me. Last night I was thinking how to solve the problem and the answer came dry. It's easy. Let's do as he writes in pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

there is 2 ways to install the instrument, by the download manager or from the link with the zip file provided in the account.
Below it s says clear: dont use the download manager cos you don t have the serial. Use the download link and unzip. Where the F... is the link

O.k., on first look I would say you have to wait for the serial to arrive. It should come in a separate email (spam folder ?) and then should be in your account too. Maybe direct download link will come with the same separate email.

Sometimes that could take some hours (maybe as it is on sunday till tomorrow), usually its quicker but I had a case lately with a bestservice product from bestservice itself (I am not sure about the evolution series but it does not seem to be a big thirdparty company where the installation process need there interaction or account generation or whatever).

If nothing happens (which I doubt) till tomorrow morning you might sent another email to the support directly asking that the serial number had not arrived so far.

As this is a "real" company not only virual reality they may have limited support on sunday.

This is the response from the support of the so call it" Best Service" company

"No one is making fun of you! I see what the problem is. Normally you´ll be able to download the library from your account, if it´s for the full version of kontakt, also if the serial is not available at the moment. In the case of the vendor of the library is providing the library files on its own through continuata you need the serial. That´s the reason why you can´t download it at the moment. I´m sorry!

You´ll be able to download the library as soon the serial number is available (as mentioned in my first e-mail to you)"

He realise there is a problem. I can't install like in the instructions cos there is no serial and no link for download.

Instead of this simple response, he said first time, in my words "read the F instructions", and now, after I sent 5 emails he reply like nothing happened.
Sorry... buy my headache it's still here.

In the end, I have to wait for some serial number to be able to instal.

That ok for me, only problem it's the support from this company who treat me like I am an idiot when I ask very polite to explain how to instal the instrument. : Read the F instructions!!!!

That ok for me, only problem it's the support from this company who treat me like I am an idiot when I ask very polite to explain how to instal the instrument. : Read the F instructions!!!!
Yes, can follow you with this (nothing I ever experienced with bestservice) and especially as some of the installation instructions are really not very helpful (and sometimes even outdated).

Hope you get your serial soon !

Best Service most certainly isn't a scam, sounds like a PICNIC error to me.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

I will be very happy if companies like "Best(bad) Service" will disappear. They steal the money from the guys who work to create instruments. Like any scammer on this planet, they don t came up with something useful, only intermediate the customers with the providers. If they came up with something useful, then ok, like great customer service, quick response etc. Instead, they have, like everybody else, weekends, bad employees, or even worst, bad management.

Now I ask myself why on earth I just buy it from the middle man when I can go directly to the original site. My stupidity, that true.

Personally, I’m a long term satisfied BestService customer. I just paid $84 quite literally last night at BestService for a synth that goes for $99 at the developer site (and all other retailers), and I had no issues downloading (nor have I ever), so I’m not complaining. Indeed, I often find BestService has by far the best price for US customers.

That is not to downplay what genuinely sounds like a frustrating experience for you, so you absolutely have every right to not give them any more of your business if you don’t want. But I’ve been very satisfied, and intend to keep shopping there myself.

You´ll be able to download the library as soon the serial number is available (as mentioned in my first e-mail to you)
I told them the situation and the response was: "follow the instructions, it so easy"
So you got the right info in the first mail from support but you didn't mention it or did i miss something? :shrug:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I will put the conversation in order here and you decide.

1. Thank you for your recent purchase at Best Service!

Unfortunately no serial number / license code is available for the following product, or the license needs to be individually ordered or generated per customer.
Our service team has been informed already and will see to it at once."

World Strings Oud
World Strings Oud
Format

Anyhow you will usually find your download links in your Customer Account already under
<My products> "generate new download links".
So you can start downloading immediately.
Our system will send you an email confirmation as soon as your serial number / license is available in your account (usually within one working day latest).
If you have any questions, please contact support@bestservice.de

Thanks for your patience

Your Best Service team
---------------------------------------------------------
After I ask what is the problem
2. That happens if serial numbers are out of stock. You normally get them as soon as possible they are available again automatically through our system. In your case the serial number is not needed (it is only for the watermarking). You can download the library and use it in the full version of kontakt! Only Kontakt Player libraries need a serial number to be activated via native access.

Me: Ok, thank you. How I download, with Continuata, I don t need a serial number on that software?

Me second time: where is the software, on your website I have 4 links, for Continuata in eng and german and for pdf "how to .." ion continuata I need a serial number. I don t get it. Why you make it so

He reply in the end.
Just follow the guide. It explains everything step by step to keep it easy!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Me, after I try it to solve with no luck.
I think you make fun of me. This is the last instrument I will buy from you.
WHERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK, IN PDF SAY TO DOWNLOAD THE ZIP FILE WITH THE INSTRUMENT AND THERE IS NO LINK> IT SAY TO NOT TO USE DOWNLOAD MANAGER. WHERE IS THE INSTRUMENT????????

PLEASE GIVE THE MONEY BACK!!!!!

He:
No one is making fun of you! I see what the problem is. Normally you´ll be able to download the library from your account, if it´s for the full version of kontakt, also if the serial is not available at the moment. In the case of the vendor of the library is providing the library files on its own through continuata you need the serial. That´s the reason why you can´t download it at the moment. I´m sorry!

You´ll be able to download the library as soon the serial number is available (as mentioned in my first e-mail to you). This should be at the beginning of next week. Sorry for the inconveniences you have and thanks for your patience.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------

To resume: I purchased yesterday the instrument, I received 2 emails with confirmation and with info that there is no serial number. After I put the question they reply it "normally you can download from your account" " follow the steps from PDF etc" and I was like an idiot trying and thinking that I am too old to follow the steps from a F... pdf with instructions.

I work on a feature film and all this mess make me to stop thinking about music and to try to solve the F problem with the best service in the world. Today was lost for me and I m on deadline. The instrument it's not important and don't care if I lost 100 dollars, it's about trust and bad attitude.

Maybe i'm too nervous. It's hard sometimes to ask yourself for half a day if you are really stupid.
Last edited by T_Bones on Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

At least from my reading, Best Service seems perfectly reasonable; it's an "honest mistake" kind of situation. To be honest, you kind of went to the ALL CAPS / RETURN MY MONEY zone immediately. Yes, they messed up, and yes, you had the right to be frustrated. But I don't think they were making fun of you, and I don't think they were out of line. It didn't take long to resolve.

If you don't want to do business with Best Service any more, that's certainly your right. You absolutely shouldn't! But based on the correspondence you posted above (and I commend you for posting it and letting people come to their own conclusion), I see absolutely nothing that would cause me to hesitate continuing to do business (and saving money) with them myself in the future.

T_Bones wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:24 pm In atash it s the still with all the info from my account.
The so-called support replied that everything is easy and to follow the instructions only in the instructions says not to use download manager because I do not have a serial number. In the instructions it says to use the manager or to download zip file if it is a link. Since there is no link, I consider it a scam or if not, the man from the "best service" is making fun of me. Last night I was thinking how to solve the problem and the answer came dry. It's easy. Let's do as he writes in pdf
So... where exactly is that PDF, and what does it say in it?

I can't upload the pdf here. I will try to copy the info.

Return to “Best Service”