Are there any plugins that you often use which are more than 10 years old?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Minimonsta. I wish others had used the melohman octave concept.

empphryio wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:51 pm Minimonsta. I wish others had used the melohman octave concept.
An absolute classic, still sounds great, and warms the cockles of my heart with sweet, sweet nostalgia.
A well-behaved signature.

Absynth 2
Imposcar 1
Waves Doubler
VW 2

^^ some great selections indeed.

Yeah, I find Doubler (and RenBass) by Waves still at the top of their respective games.

I'm surprised that you still use Imposcar 1 though because the version 2 upgrade is amazing (and now about 8 years old itself?).
Minimonsta would be great if it got an upgrade.
(And curiously, I much prefer the version 1 Oddity over its more recent incarnation from about 5 years ago).

Don't often use ArtsAcoustic Reverb but I was messing around with it yesterday and it reminded me why so many of us liked it back in the noughties.

dark water wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:34 pmYeah, I find Doubler (and RenBass) by Waves still at the top of their respective games.
Yeah, RenBass and MaxBass are still fine processors, no doubt. :)
I'm surprised that you still use Imposcar 1 though because the version 2 upgrade is amazing (and now about 8 years old itself?).
I use both. I've heard v1 and v2 sound ever-so-slightly different, something with filter brightness IIRC. And I still like the simplicity of v1 combined with its almost negligible CPU hit on modern machines.
Don't often use ArtsAcoustic Reverb but I was messing around with it yesterday and it reminded me why so many of us liked it back in the noughties.
Yep, it's a shame the developer apparently is no longer actively developing it.

Admiral Quality PolyAna & SCAMP
Ohm Force Predatohm
Audio Damage Replicant, Dubstation, Eos, BigSeq
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

A bunch which others have already mentioned, of course.

Good ol' DtBlkEfx brings the weirdness when other plugs can't :party:
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Anybody still using "This Plugin " ? I think it's well over 10 years old ???

This thread might end up discovering that the golden age was ten years ago.... :scared:

Ya, I use a lot that are very old.
But most of my defaults are newer. Massive was the hold out.
Im only tempted to stay updated on my default dynamics effects like eq and compressor. Aside from that, I just want what I want. :party:
ImageImageImageImage

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:33 am Admiral Quality PolyAna & SCAMP
Totally spaced on these, I use Poly-Ana all the time.

Between Waves, Sylenth, Omnisphere, Massive, etc etc etc it’s possible that some of my projects have as many >10 year old plugins as plugins <10 years old
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Vinyl
Delay Lama
Rapture
RMV
Synth 1
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

running out of 10+ year old computers
a cautionary tale
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I still use the Land of Cockaigne plugins, they are a source of inspiration.

xoxos wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:34 pm running out of 10+ year old computers
a cautionary tale
Soon we'll be able to 3-D print 10+ year old computers on demand.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”