3.2 (Beta 1) is OUT!!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, this is probably my least favourite beta so far:
- I hate the rainbow-y colours everywhere - it starts to look like a candy store; it was bad already when 3.1 (or was it 3.0?) extended the color palette for certain devices & parameters; who thought of the idea that knob's ring colour - e.g. for cutoff in Polysynth - should change???!!! ALL THIS SHOULD HAVE OPTION TO DISABLE IT
- the nesting FX boxes are all over the place in terms of size & shape
- there's now even bigger visual divide between "old" devices and new ones, but most of the time I prefer the old ones
- on EQ-5 and EQ+ it's difficult to see which bands are active and which aren't; also the numbers that indicate which band it is has a completely different font than the rest of Bitwig
- input colors for Oscillator and Spectrum are still reversed: one has main input blue, the other orange; whereas the sidechain inputs are reversed
- arpeggiator plays old projects completely differently
- every other VST (and I use mostly VST3) plays MIDI wrong, the same with VST FX that are triggered by MIDI (e.g. Effectrix)
- performance is much, MUCH worse especially under WASAPI, but also ASIO4All
- keyboard shortcuts still only work in specific places, e.g. I've 'F' mapped to arranger scroll, but it only works when something in the arranger (a clip) is selected, but doesn't when track header is selected; and STILL toggling grid between adaptive and discrete doesn't change the color of the icon to orange, when it's adaptive

:(

And to think I've upgrade plans paid up to end of 2021 AND I've just sold Live 10 Suite... :dog:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Its just a beta! 3.1.3 still works fine!
Maybe 3.3 will be for you!
(PS - I like rainbow-y colours everywhere :oops: )
Last edited by SLiC on Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

That's sick!

abique wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:07 pm
JHernandez wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:16 pmNow the Drum Machine needs that MIDI follow option that Live has and it will be set. That little feature is so useful. Hit pad/key on controller and it selects and displays the chain for that pad automatically. That's some workflow magic. I've requested it before, hopefully they'll add it one day. :pray:
I think we have it already. The thing is that the controller had to show the chain itself. Because if the clip is playing you probably don't want to have your drum machine blinking like a machine gun. I have to look into it further.
Ooh, do let me know if possible. In Live you can of course switch it on and off. And, yeah I don't think anyone would like the chains blinking like a machine gun.
Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 2.18.52 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JHernandez on Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-JH

Really great beta !
I hope they will fix soon this stupid MPE vsti cc smoothing.
Best
YY

Arpeggiator will "break down" certain VSTi's. The midi things. I get a lot of hanging notes with certain synths. Like Sylenth. Just add Sylenth and then arpeggiator = hanging notes and arpeggiator doesn't play normally. A lot of problems. Quite buggy.

The changes to the Arp are very welcome but if it's so buggy at the moment i'll guess i wait for a bit ;)

I hope you're all reporting the issues to Bitwig and not just posting them here, that's the point of a beta after all.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:09 pmAnd to think I've upgrade plans paid up to end of 2021 AND I've just sold Live 10 Suite... :dog:
Are you kidding? :o
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Clip Launch Love is still needed.

I want my Computer with Bitwig to be an instrument. (Many people pull this off with Abelton ie Sylvan Esso)

Clips Next Action Go To Next Scene or Scene #. I am using more clip blocks and I would want a song to go to Verse, Chorus, Bridge, ETC without me touching Bitwig (I usually am playing keyboard) I want to repeat parts or skip parts on command (This happens live most of the time.

Clip Blocks are all under one scene and not spread through more scenes. I want to have 3 different bass lines and 3 different drum patterns that play randomly for a verse and a chorus or that I control to change its feeling or to create a buildup.

Chord Track I organize my music through chord progressions, 99% of how live musicians communicate the music is through chords. The only sheet music without chords is classical and we aren't making classical music. Give me a way to also generate chords on the chord track (Like Waveform). I don't use sample s so time stretch and pitch shifting isn't my concern though i imagine there are plenty who would want those features also.

My worthless two cents,

Marc
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:09 pm doom and gloom

:(

And to think I've upgrade plans paid up to end of 2021 AND I've just sold Live 10 Suite... :dog:
Brah, it's a beta. Chillax. :D
-JH

@antic604
U no loike rainbows???
I just got used to them lol

xbitz wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:27 pm

User files can be renamed within the Browser Panel
killer this is great

Randall P. McMurphy wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:46 pm
xbitz wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:27 pm

User files can be renamed within the Browser Panel
killer this is great
Already post that this was my favourite new feature :tu:

I also have to say that Saturator sounds very good indeed, top draw with just a guitar input and a little reverb. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it in the grid ''where polyphony allows each note to be independently shaped for even more sonic possibilities''
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:09 pm I hate the rainbow-y colours everywhere -
I love it personally, UVI does a similar thing for some of their plugins. Makes it look magical :hihi:
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Return to “Bitwig”