My mixing, now with reverb. What do you think?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:55 pm it is pretty cool. but its not really "minimal" :shrug:
at least not the bits i scanned.
the boris brecht video i mean.
Well you see, now we're splitting hairs. Where does minimal techno start and end? To me, this is still not a "traditional" song in any true sense of the word. It is still relatively static. I listened to 13 minutes and it was still all one chord with very little going on. Again, the term "very little" is relative and will have different meanings to different people. To someone like me, who writes songs with verse, chorus and bridge, this is pretty darn minimal.

YMMV

https://youtu.be/Nsct-e-HVE0

im a little old school ;)

If we're posting videos of things we like then:
https://soundcloud.com/rinsefm/joncarter091119

bugged out :tu:

Spring Goose wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:58 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:47 pm If you know what you like and this is it, why are you asking other people for feedback when it upsets you?

Maybe you've created a new genre and everyone else is wrong. It's a possibility.
I'm just putting my songs on here because i can, and see what happens.
Actually, you have been creating threads looking for advice. Nothing wrong with that. But acting like you care might possibly yield better results than feigning indifference :tu:

You've definitely received some top advice here, amongst the bashing. And the general sentiment seems to be to take a few steps back. It ain't the time to worry about reverb, when the tracks need some real work.

I'll definitely '+1' all suggestions along the lines of aping, emulating, or just straight copying the artists that you admire. As someone else pointed out: To find your own voice, first you need to learn how to speak :tu: Take language lessons from artists you admire, along with suggestions from others...even if they work in different genres to you. The suggestion to watch Mr.Bill is always gonna be more than worthwhile. To be a fly-on-the-wall to his process is a privilege/gift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6T43Q1dn34

I also think you need to 'play' to an audience that's primed to hear the type of music you are creating. Firstly, consider that you might not even find that audience on KVR. But even if you could, you are presenting your music to us completely out of context - The best you're going to get out of us is that we're sitting in an equilateral triangle between a pair of monitors, attuned to an acoustically-treated room. But that won't apply to all of us. I listened this morning on a small bluetooth speaker, connected to my iPad, for example. It's not the way to listen to dance music, of course, but that's quite common.

Having listened to the DJ mix you linked (Well, I skipped around a lot) that worked much, much better. And there are other DJ mixes you have that work much better than what you've presented in this thread.

I do think your SC page is a bit of a mess, however. And this idea of having 1400 tracks seems a bit disingenuous, given how many of the tracks seem to be just repetition of a basic starter riff.

Most of us have a filter that gives us an inkling of which ideas have potential, which should be left to brew, for a later moment, and which should be just trashed (Not before perhaps resampling some of the spoils). Maybe you have the mindset that anything started must be finished. Cool! But that doesn't mean that everything finished is worthy of being shared :shrug:

What if you made a list of the ten best ideas you think you have had, and then work on nothing but those tracks for the next year? All the advice, learning and effort channeled into trying to make something as good as you can :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:27 pm Most of us have a filter that gives us an inkling of which ideas have potential, which should be left to brew, for a later moment, and which should be just trashed
and some of us swapped ours for magick beans :hihi: :oops:

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:33 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:27 pm Most of us have a filter that gives us an inkling of which ideas have potential, which should be left to brew, for a later moment, and which should be just trashed
All beans are magick, Vurtrand :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:38 pm
vurt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:33 pm
All beans are magick, Vurtrand :shrug:
:o
so i neednt have swapped my filter :cry:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:27 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:58 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:47 pm If you know what you like and this is it, why are you asking other people for feedback when it upsets you?

Maybe you've created a new genre and everyone else is wrong. It's a possibility.
I'm just putting my songs on here because i can, and see what happens.
Actually, you have been creating threads looking for advice. Nothing wrong with that. But acting like you care might possibly yield better results than feigning indifference :tu:

You've definitely received some top advice here, amongst the bashing. And the general sentiment seems to be to take a few steps back. It ain't the time to worry about reverb, when the tracks need some real work.

I'll definitely '+1' all suggestions along the lines of aping, emulating, or just straight copying the artists that you admire. As someone else pointed out: To find your own voice, first you need to learn how to speak :tu: Take language lessons from artists you admire, along with suggestions from others...even if they work in different genres to you. The suggestion to watch Mr.Bill is always gonna be more than worthwhile. To be a fly-on-the-wall to his process is a privilege/gift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6T43Q1dn34

I also think you need to 'play' to an audience that's primed to hear the type of music you are creating. Firstly, consider that you might not even find that audience on KVR. But even if you could, you are presenting your music to us completely out of context - The best you're going to get out of us is that we're sitting in an equilateral triangle between a pair of monitors, attuned to an acoustically-treated room. But that won't apply to all of us. I listened this morning on a small bluetooth speaker, connected to my iPad, for example. It's not the way to listen to dance music, of course, but that's quite common.

Having listened to the DJ mix you linked (Well, I skipped around a lot) that worked much, much better. And there are other DJ mixes you have that work much better than what you've presented in this thread.

I do think your SC page is a bit of a mess, however. And this idea of having 1400 tracks seems a bit disingenuous, given how many of the tracks seem to be just repetition of a basic starter riff.

Most of us have a filter that gives us an inkling of which ideas have potential, which should be left to brew, for a later moment, and which should be just trashed (Not before perhaps resampling some of the spoils). Maybe you have the mindset that anything started must be finished. Cool! But that doesn't mean that everything finished is worthy of being shared :shrug:

What if you made a list of the ten best ideas you think you have had, and then work on nothing but those tracks for the next year? All the advice, learning and effort channeled into trying to make something as good as you can :tu:
I do care mate, bu7t he specificly pushed "why do you share your songs KVR" and i gave an honest answer.

Thanks for your lengthy reply. I comprehended most of it, and its good advice. I think a year is a very long time for just 10 songs and why am i doing it for again? I already said that i suffer of fibromyalgia and constant pain, i can' t really do anything which could cause me greater pain unless i very well understand why i'm doing it for. Cheers mate.

vurt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:26 pmbugged out :tu:
Glad you like it mate!!!!

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'll need to copy the things i like. I'll get on that presently. (thanks 3 persons)

https://soundcloud.com/gary-baker-36/li ... nly-social

claudedefaren wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:46 pm Oh, regarding your fibromyalgia, have a look at intermittent fasting (16:8).

I don't have fibro, but I do IF and it's amazing. And I've heard accounts from others about how it helped their fibro. See below for example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fibromyalgia/c ... t_fasting/

Also check out probiotic supplements.

Think strong and healthy thoughts!
That's great mate. Thankyou very much! :):D

Return to “Music Cafe”