Your experiences with Cakewalk by Bandlab?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Coloneltreavy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:48 pm Cakewalk also doesn't have such good controller support as other DAWs but one can manually set it up or use the ACT learn function which can get you far.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to figure out how to set up my keyboard (Novation Impulse) with Maeckie HUI support in Cakewalk. It just doesn't seem to work. Read that the GUI implementation in Cakewalk is only partial, that's maybe why.

chk071 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:21 pm
Coloneltreavy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:48 pm Cakewalk also doesn't have such good controller support as other DAWs but one can manually set it up or use the ACT learn function which can get you far.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to figure out how to set up my keyboard (Novation Impulse) with Maeckie HUI support in Cakewalk. It just doesn't seem to work. Read that the GUI implementation in Cakewalk is only partial, that's maybe why.
Yes that is a problem with cakewalk. I have managed to control the mix faders in cakewalk using my arturia minilab mk II by assigning it as a generic mackie surface and using act learn features. But I tried that before and it's a tedious process to get it done.

I have been using Cakewalk for over a year now and it has been getting better and better with with each update. I have Ableton, Reason, and Bitwig. But I find Cakewalk to be the easiest, straightforward, and complete DAW for everything I need. The GUI is the best I find compared to the rest (Ableton being the worst). MIDI routing and editing I find fast and easy. I really like how the interface can be scaled according to the amount you have in a project easily.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”