The most annoying instruments, fx, and in general things people put in their music?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ariston wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:28 pm I never claimed it was a truism. It's called an opinion, feel absolutely free to NOT share it. :)
gracias por su permiso

"you just proved my point. You can always tell when a sound was made by a synth."
Definition of truism
: an undoubted or self-evident truth
:shrug:

ariston wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:07 pm
GRUMP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:48 pm
ariston wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:19 pm Synths. Somehow, they always sound like.... synths.
That is not true and you know that. From DX7 Flutes over Bazille Fart Sounds to contemporary Grain Choirs - there are many Examples to proove the Opposite 😅
Actually, all of those examples sound like synths... you just proved my point. You can always tell when a sound was made by a synth. 's all I'm sayin'.
Nobody can ever Identity the Synth behind the DX7 Flute. Nobody. Ever!!! That"d like telling heaven from Hell, a green field from a cold steel rail.

GRUMP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:59 pm
ariston wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:19 pm Synths. Somehow, they always sound like.... synths.
That is not true and you know that. From DX7 Flutes over Bazille Fart Sounds to contemporary Grain Choirs - there are many Examples to proove the Opposite 😅
Actually, all of those examples sound like synths... you just proved my point. You can always tell when a sound was made by a synth. 's all I'm sayin'.
Nobody can ever Identity the Synth behind the DX7 Flute. Nobody. Ever!!! That"d like telling heaven from Hell, a green field from a cold steel rail.
first one easy. heaven is a gay club. hell is a goth bar.
although im pretty sure hell didnt last too long.
was nice.

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:03 pm
was nice.
So your Heaven might Well be a Gay Club full in of drunk Goth Fans and Hell a Goth Bar full of pooping Gays.?

Better think twice before you decide!!

Actually I am partially in agreement with Mr Ariston, I have no time in my life for teh supersaws, it's all the same kind of thing.
Synth drums don't so much work for me, a synth tone representing 'a kick' or 'hihat', it's just not anywhere close. But who cares what I think.

I cannot stand the didgeridoo, I just hate it! It's up there with bagpipes.

GRUMP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:41 pm
was nice.
So your Heaven might Well be a Gay Club full in of drunk Goth Fans and Hell a Goth Bar full of pooping Gays.?

cant say i noticed much pooping (well none to be honest, but i dont tend to hang out in bathrooms) at either venue.

simmo75 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:48 pm I cannot stand the didgeridoo, .
all your favourite hits, on the didgeridoo...

who could forget oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhoooooooowwwwwwwwoooooooooommmmmmmmooooooooowwwww

and of course this number one
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhoooooooowwwwwwwwoooooooooommmmmmmmooooooooowwwww

and the classic

and my own personal favourite

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:50 pm

was nice.

cant say i noticed much pooping (well none to be honest, but i dont tend to hang out in bathrooms) at either venue.
So haven't been in Hell. It's a scary Place, you know?

GRUMP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:02 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:50 pm

was nice.

So haven't been in Hell. It's a scary Place, you know?
its ok once you get used to the smell.
night life is awesome :tu:

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:52 pm

who could forget oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhoooooooowwwwwwwwoooooooooommmmmmmmooooooooowwwww

and the classic

Can only name one (Aphex Twin's "Didgeridoo"). Are you sure those aren't all the same song??
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:21 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:52 pm

and the classic

Can only name one (Aphex Twin's "Didgeridoo"). Are you sure those aren't all the same song??
:dog: thats the joke!!!
remember "pan pipe moods, all your favourite hits on the pan pipes..." those terrible ads.
well, now imagine didgeri moods. ;)

as an interjection, someone posted a didgeridoo somg here, not long back.
wags actually asked "what the hell is a didgeridoo?".
how do you get to his age and not know that?

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:23 pm :dog: thats the joke!!!
remember "pan pipe moods, all your favourite hits on the pan pipes..." those terrible ads.
well, now imagine didgeri moods. ;)
I know, silly. I was just playing along ;)
A well-behaved signature.

jancivil wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:44 pm
ariston wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:28 pm I never claimed it was a truism. It's called an opinion, feel absolutely free to NOT share it. :)
gracias por su permiso

"you just proved my point. You can always tell when a sound was made by a synth."
Definition of truism
: an undoubted or self-evident truth
:shrug:
Oh come on. No need to shrug. Just to be clear... I'm not taking this so seriously as to commit to some sort of argument about who's right and who's wrong. My statement wasn't even 100% serious. Take it as a humorous expression of my general disenchantment with synths. I was really thrilled for a couple of years by the seemingly limitless capabilities of synthesis, and now I've moved back towards piano guitar bass and drums, with some synths sprinkled on top.
Maybe I should invest in a Linnstrument or a Roli, because a lot of said disenchantment has to do with the limits of expression using a midi keyboard.

Anyway, to make an honest contribution to this here important thread: I absolutely can't stand the popular DX7 sounds, so it's funny you chose those as an example. That fake, tinkly Rhodes... those flutes... :clown:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”