U-he and mod duo x

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I'm guessing no but is it possible to use u-he plugins with mod duo x?

Thanks

Hadn't heard of it before, Internet says it uses a different plugin format than what we have, that probably means no, very sorry.

Viktor
u-he team

big big big big big shame :( for me

thanks tho!

😁

https://github.com/x42/lv2vst

This is an lv2-to-vst wrapper type of software. the opposite of what you would need for use in MOD, but you might find it useful in your computer based projects.

There is a readme and compile info at the link. It assumes someone knows the terminology and methods the programmer has presented, so for slow learners like me, I'll need motivation and spare time to roll it out :scared:

But there are lots of lv2's worth investigating and using, many created by MOD team and collaborators.

If the MOD team are fully committed to avoiding the linux vst format,
a glance in the wallet and mirror may both be overdue and revealing.

The lv2vst author is a Harrison Mixbus developer, so you could make product requests in their forum, where his footprints are common.
Mixbus uses a lot of lv2 plugins.

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/

Cheers

minimaltom wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:20 pm Hi, I'm guessing no but is it possible to use u-he plugins with mod duo x?

Thanks
Hey, do you have a Duo X? I've got the original Duo and I backed the Dwarf.

I'd love to see some U-he stuff for the Duo(s) as well. I think the coming Arm support will bring this closer to a possibility.

Hi, sorry I didn't realise anyone had replied. lunardigs, yes im ordering one today. Yeah I would loose my shit if u-he did plugins for mod duo x 😄 I'm not sure what ARM is but i'll look it up and I'll look at the available lv2 plugins too. I don't make plugins myself (tried but got confused by the signal processing maths, however i might give it another shot) but I am using max and I'm looking forward to being able to use my patches on the duo x

Well, this doesn't really solves your problem, I think, because the mod duo platform is arm based.
Anyway, Carla is a free multi-format plugin host, available as Jack stand-alone, vst2, and lv2.
It can host vst2/3, lv2, ladspa, dssi, au, sf2/3 altogether
Just to let you know.

Regards,
Fabrizio

minimaltom wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:12 am Hi, sorry I didn't realise anyone had replied. lunardigs, yes im ordering one today. Yeah I would loose my shit if u-he did plugins for mod duo x 😄 I'm not sure what ARM is but i'll look it up and I'll look at the available lv2 plugins too. I don't make plugins myself (tried but got confused by the signal processing maths, however i might give it another shot) but I am using max and I'm looking forward to being able to use my patches on the duo x
I think you'll like it. I'm interested to hear what you think, if you don't mind sharing. The DUO X gets pretty in depth with CV and MIDI. Previously, the DUO was only an effects unit, geared for guitar mainly.

There's also some decent synths now--a few Linux classics to start. Plus, a few sample based instruments, like drum machines.

I see a bunch of interesting prospects for U-he here. Especially since MOD has developed features for modular synth users.

Hi, well I got it today, very exciting. :) I flipped through some preset boards and was impressed with the sound quality! I don't understand very well yet about the gain structure so to speak, it's very easy for the outputs to go in the red while not sounding that loud, and a limiter didn't seem to do what I thought it would.
Plugged in my xkey midi keyboard and it worked immediately which is cool. Been having a bad time trying to get it to work via bluetooth with the dongle I got for it tho. Won't pair with either my kindle fire or my samsung edge phone. It does briefly but then immediately disconnects, tried everything. I edited it via usb on my pc tho and I think I'm gonna like it.

Yes lunadigs definitely all the potential for u he or anyone else for that matter, but since Viktor said it's first they'd heard of it, won't hold my breath.

A strength of U-he is their futuristic planning. By looking ahead, and being prepared for it, they keep the current team busy. So it's not easy to get a new idea integrated, because they are continually integrating their own new ideas. I was just thinking last night, how cool it would be to roll out Zebra3 with the new Uhbik on arm-based r-pi type mini computers
:party: :hyper: :party:

I've thought for ages U-he should make some kind of hardware. I think zebra has a really unique sound that would stand out. This combining software and hardware is definately got huge potential and I've wanted something like the mod duo x since receptor went out of business. The range of plugins for it tho are pretty limited so far but its still worth it.

Just an idea, maybe one day u-he could just program individual modules in the format instead of entire synths. Like maybe just port a filter or a reverb effect for example. Mod duo x after all is a complete modular synth

I doubt the demand will be high enough to justify the expenditure.
Brzzzzzzt.

Return to “u-he Linux support”