RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:59 pm RapidComposer v4.3b7 is available!

Improvements:
  • Dragging and dropping the selected chords on the master track is possible. Hold Ctrl to respect existing harmonic rhythm on the master track. Chords can be dropped on the progression browser to save them as a progression.
  • Scale notes are displayed in the master track pop-up help
  • Last edited rules are saved and restored between sessions
Oops, ya missed my quick suggestion.. no worries.. Also would be nice if you could somehow add that scale information to the scale browser..

hello Attila
Do you think you can implement a solo/mute button for the left or right hand in the piano chord pattern generator?
i wanted to only use the left hand notes, ive been having to use the limit note range variation to get this to work.

Thank you, Attila, for the new Beta. I would like to say the following .. It would be nice if by drag-and-drop chords inside the master track and pressing CTRL + ALT buttons one chord would not replace another, but would change places with it. And one more thing .. I can not find in the settings the color change of the selected CHORD NOTES in the scale notes displayed in the master track pop-up help.

BluGenes wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:50 pm Oops, ya missed my quick suggestion.. no worries.. Also would be nice if you could somehow add that scale information to the scale browser..
No, I was thinking hard about it ;)
At the moment the scale browser lists the scale definitions only, without a root note. So in order to make this useful, you should be able to set a root note for the scale. For filtering by notes, the list should be able to display the results with root note, e.g. "A Minor" instead of "Minor". This is no small change so I must think it over. But a searchable scale browser would be useful, I agree.

Thanks!
Attila

Hello milliondabeat,

I could add this very quickly, thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks,
Attila
milliondabeat wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:55 pm hello Attila
Do you think you can implement a solo/mute button for the left or right hand in the piano chord pattern generator?
i wanted to only use the left hand notes, ive been having to use the limit note range variation to get this to work.

It occurs to me that the randomizing action in the piano chord pattern generator could also become more flexible by being applied to any of Right Hand / Left Hand / Both Hands .

If this were available, then it would be very easy to keep one "good hand" and continue to randomize until the other also passes muster, leaving you with two.

Everyone can have a wish today
as long as it is easy to implement :hihi:
lulukom wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:11 pm Thank you, Attila, for the new Beta. I would like to say the following .. It would be nice if by drag-and-drop chords inside the master track and pressing CTRL + ALT buttons one chord would not replace another, but would change places with it.
I added this now. Holding down Alt will swap chords.
lulukom wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:11 pmAnd one more thing .. I can not find in the settings the color change of the selected CHORD NOTES in the scale notes displayed in the master track pop-up help.
I am afraid there is no color definition for that, it is always green. It does not look good on green background... I could make it bold instead of displaying the chord notes using another color.

Thanks,
Attila

Thank you, Attila, but then keep the chord notes green and larger than the scale notes.

Great idea! :tu: From now randomization is applied to 'enabled' hands only.
Thanks,
Attila
sj1 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:08 pm It occurs to me that the randomizing action in the piano chord pattern generator could also become more flexible by being applied to any of Right Hand / Left Hand / Both Hands .

If this were available, then it would be very easy to keep one "good hand" and continue to randomize until the other also passes muster, leaving you with two.

It is possible that I was late for the fulfillment of wishes ..))) There is a wonderful window that opens on the question icon (Quick Suggestions). For a long time I tried to make a sneaker so that all menu items marked with checkboxes were visible in this window, but I could not do this .. I cannot make the display resolution even smaller due to my vision limitations. Could there be a way to scale at least this window (100% / 110%, etc.)? .Thanks .

Or maybe forgive the scrollbar in the window?

Hmm, completely forgot about the root note.. I suppose adding a root note edit field, but, starting with a default, maybe C, would be nice.. Anyways, glad you are considering this.. so many great suggestions today!

EDIT: Question then, what is going on when I DO use the scale browser, what key is it using there?

thanks Atilla!

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:10 pm Everyone can have a wish today
as long as it is easy to implement :hihi:

Could I have apply velocity and extract velocity from custom phrase it would work exactly the same way as apply rhythm and apply melody just with velocity.

It's just not possible to recreate some velocities using RC velocity generators so it would be a lot easier if you could take the performance velocity from a custom phrase and apply it to another.

If that's too difficult to do could I have apply rhythm or rhythm mapper to melody editor.

Thanks

Have to give some credit to lulukom as he originally posted a similar request a while back so I hope you agree with me on this suggestion as not only is this a very useful feature but if you scour YouTube you will realise how many producers take hours just messing with the voicing of chords to get a good progression so my suggestion is to have a voice randomizer which basically takes your chord progression and randomises the voicing of that set scale or swaps the voicing of each chords in a selective progression.

You can see from my demonstration video it's a very tedious thing to do manually but it's something that every producer does and I feel this would be a great time Saver and very inspirational especially for a happy accidents.. you can see how much it changes the sound of the piano just by moving notes up and down. Think of all the old piano progressions you could bring new life to. I know rc has a spread chord notes but that doesn't work for this scenario.

You could even have the option of apply voicings from other chord progressions you may like.

Rapidcomposer is definitely missing this when it comes to being creative with chords.

Thanks

Return to “MusicDevelopments”