Zebra 2 Looking for help (Sound Design)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Any tips on how to the homework, that I have attached as a picture ? I was thinking of using an MSEG and just listen, when the release stage begins. But that does not make any sense, when I am releasing the key at different intervals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Two things to think about:
  • Think about what the release stage of an envelope does. Can it only be used to extend how long a key fades out after releasing it?
  • Inverted envelopes
Here are possible solutions, if you can't figure it out:

Octave Jump
Delay Ducking

I hope this can help you.

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What's the homework from?

neuromod wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:39 pm What's the homework from?
Maybe here: https://u-he.com/community/tutorials/ze ... rials.html (scroll down to #8)

For the pitch, you could also use a MMap modulated by Gate. Just set the map to quantise, with two steps, the first at +25 (for when the gate is off) and the second at zero. Have that modulate your tuning at full depth (+48 semitones), and you're all set.

Edit: Though from reading the text above the "homework" portion, they are probably suggesting you try using an envelope here.

Thanks a lot for the tips without giving the answer (envelope solution) away :) , I think I might understand it better now, will try tomorrow

Modulate tune with an envelope, set the mod depth to -12, attack and decay at 0, sustain to max, and then tweak the release and the envelope's slopes too. This way, oscillator is instantly shifted down by an octave when you hit a key, and when you release the key it goes back up again.

For the ducking delay - set the mix of the delay to a desired value, and just modulate with gate negatively. You can also assign an envelope as an additional modulator to the mix in order to get extra control.

The Nerdy Music Guy wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:31 pm Two things to think about:
  • Think about what the release stage of an envelope does. Can it only be used to extend how long a key fades out after releasing it?
  • Inverted envelopes
Here are possible solutions, if you can't figure it out:

Octave Jump
Delay Ducking

I hope this can help you.
Haha, thank you, I actually was not able to figure it out on my own, but I have slept over it before downloading. I was thinking: How can I reach only the release stage of a sound with my modulation. It did not occur to me to change sth (the tune) first and still being able to start with the original tune by applying the second envelope.

If you don't want to "change something first", use an MSEG set to zero for an initial loop, followed by instant release up to maximum.

Howard wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:24 pm If you don't want to "change something first", use an MSEG set to zero for an initial loop, followed by instant release up to maximum.
Thank you, glad to have learned another method. Ja, es ist nicht so mühsam erst den tune zu verringern, es wurde die Lösung ja genau in demselben Video gezeigt, aber ich habe die Denkweise einfach nicht verstanden. Jetzt habe ich auch erst bemerkt, dass es eigtl nur einen Envelope (Amp-Env) braucht. Vielen Dank

Return to “u-he”