Frequent crashing

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, I'm new to this program but can see it being very useful for me! however I am experiencing crashes frequently but seemingly randomly. Opening, deleting, starting new projects.. routing midi to certain instruments, adding certain messages all seems to be a problem but not always and the frequency increases specifically when using my Korg minilogue.

any help with this would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Can I just clarify, are you talking about Architect? Could you give me some more information about the setup your are using (ie, operating system; is this is the plug-in or standalone version.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hey, yeah sorry it's Architect I'm using and it's the standalone version (the unregistered evaluation)

It's running windows 10 64bit

If it's helpful at all the cpu is ryzen 2700x and it has 16gb RAM. i'm running the minilogue in direct from USB and other things like sampler through a midihub.

Thanks for the additional info. OK, before I start trying to diagnose, could you try the 0.10.6 beta version which I uploaded a while back (but haven't yet made the official release.) You can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dj30wg3s9xrt ... SKqva?dl=0

Feature wise, it is identical to 0.10.5, but there are quite a few bug fixes included and so there is a decent chance I've fixed the problem you are seeing.

... and if you're still having issues, let me know, I'll dive deeper and aim to get a fix out ASAP.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks i'll give it a go and let you know. I Appreciate the quick replies from you a lot!

Well after a few hours of using it i had multiple crashes all seemingly brought on by random things again. deleting sequencers, adding notes, adding a plugin for the minilogue... the crashes all seem based around it. the crashes are also immediate the window just disappears after freezing for a second.

then my latest use was 2 nearly immediate crashes then it ran stable until i closed it myself... i am really at a loss as to how it's crashing from adding notes one minute then running stable then next?

this new update seems more stable in general though thanks for the link!

Ah, could be a compatibility issue with the minilogue in some fashion, then. I'll look into this, and see what happens. I don't have a minilogue myself, but I'll try with the editor plug-in - looks to be a free downloaded - and go from there.

Would you please follow this topic? That way, if I need to ask you for more information, you'll be automatically notified by any posts I make to this thread.

EDIT: Just to clarify, you do mean this Minilogue plug-in, right? http://audio.julieneres.com/product/minilogueEdit

That's the one.

and will do. :)

Hey, I'm a friend of s3lf's and have been trying to help him figure this out but everything I thought to try didn't end up working so I suggested he contact you.

I thought I'd chime in as I too have a Minilogue and have been using it together with the previously linked Editor. I have some issues with the Minilogue it self (The physical UI becomes unusable after a while and then can only be controlled by the editor) But I've never noticed any link between the editor / minilogue and Architect crashes.

Actually, I very rarely get crashes at all on my two laptops which're much less capable than what s3lf is using.

Is there an easy way to monitor midi events within Architect? I was thinking that maybe the Minilogue is malfunctioning somehow, maybe spitting out a ton of messages which might be causing a problem?

I'm completely clueless at this point hah..

Thanks for trying to help: I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this eventually.

The easiest way of monitoring MIDI messages is using a [MIDI to tuple] wired to a [print] module. This will print every MIDI message in a human-readable format to the Architect console window.

For my part, I've allocated some time tomorrow morning to look into this issue. I'll start by installing the Minilogue for myself and see what happens. Best case scenario: it crashes on my machine, I work out why, then have a fix out by the end of the day.

If however I can't reproduce the issue here, would you (@s3lf) be happy to run a debug version of Architect? You won't need to overwrite your current install as they can sit side-by-side. It'll be as slow as molasses, as debug versions always are, but if it does crash it'll hopefully give me some idea why.

I'll let you know at some point tomorrow how my own investigations are going. If, in the meantime, you realise some commonality or easily reproducible steps to cause the crash, please let me know.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I'd be more than happy to help however i can i am really excited to use this but this issue is a real pain! i will give the midi monitoring a go now.

Update: so far, nothing to report. I'm still waiting to be accepted into the minilogueEdit group, and as that appears to be the only way to get the plug-in, I've not been able to test for myself.

One idea though, s3lf: next time it crashes, could you do a search on your machine for "Architect.log" and then send it on to me. Either a PM, an upload to the thread or an email is fine. (There is a small amount of identifying data in the log - your operating system version and machine specs - so you may feel safer PMing or emailing rather than uploading it to a public forum.)

Update #2: I have the minilogueEdit plug-in. I'm on the case.

It seems that the minilogue plugin is created with the ctrl-org software , if it's not coded perfectly it can easily result in crashing and taking the host with it
https://ctrlr.org/
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

@gentleclockdivider

Hey, thanks for your help. I just wanted to clarify that the crashing isn't solely related to the plugin I only started using that recently and opening that was just an example of something that caused a crash.

Return to “Loomer”