What drives you crazy in Bitwig?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Automation tools like other daws would be nice, I've already requested it, hopefully many others have done that.
agrover wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:34 am Things I miss from Ableton:
- Select a range in automation lane, click and drag top middle to lower value for that section. (bitwig alternative: make 4 points, drag them into 'U" shape, try to make the bottom line parallel but fail.)
Getting a bottom line parallel horizontally, how does that fail? I guess I don't get it.
For me the fail would be that there is no way moving it down and get automatically inserted new start/end points so the in- & outgoing automation "levels" is the same outside the time selection.

The inspector can move selected point, and if you want to have some points parallell in their center just scale them.

If Bitwig at least activated the inspector when time-selection where made so you could adjust mean/scale/chaos like you would with selected points, it would make life somewhat easier.. and ofcourse this would need the ability to insert new point on the time selection edges.

Time selection does have split which insert new points, but that doesn't help if there already is points at start/end that you want to move down but keep the level before/after the same.

Yeah I think you're saying what I was trying to -- if a value is at, say 100% with no automation points, being able to select a range and then just drag down to create the four points (the corners of the "U") rather than having to create and position the 4 points individually.

There is a funny trick I discovered recently - if you highlight the automation zone with the selector tool and press backspace it will create two automation points around the selected zone. It's still not what we need, but gets one step closer 😉

The gridlines on 3840x2160 is abit hmm, but its ok on 1920x1080 and even 2560x1440, on 65 inch 2 1/2 meters away.. with my DAW-glasses of "perfection ON" :)

Thicker Barlines please! I get lost too often just like my life.

-lately i've been getting annoyed that when recording audio over existing audio it separates them into multiple clips in arranger view even though it's just 1 take. i don't like working with comps most of the time, i just like to simply record a take over itself. i would prefer if it would just overwrite the audio without me having to take extra steps to consolidate etc. this has caused my workflow to slow down. maybe there's a way around this that i just can't figure out, but every solution i've found requires extra pointless steps. studio one, no issue with this.
bass.jpg

-no undo for plugins drives me nuts. i still can't get used to it . studio one, no issue with this

-been running into more and more issues with vst3 plugins on bitwig. plugin alliance plugins especially. this can be seen as a plugin company issue more than bitwig .. but i have no issues in studio one with vst3 ever
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I hate waiting for the twice yearly sales to get my upgrade plan when you run out...I know you can buy more than one but that also seems like overkill- I suggested that perhaps people who have already renewed should maybe get permanent access to the discount or a discount code via their account for future plan renewals- surely good for them as well as people will buy from them directly and it will be more convenient for the user.

I have put a suggestion in to Bitwig that they make the 'Auto-renew my Upgrade Plan' be at the sale price that happens twice a year, otherwise what's the point!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

One Special Wish for who Ever or What ever is responsible for the drag n drop on Linux to -> for example TAL Sampler, Kernel devs, Bitwig devs or Desktop Environment devs, Plug-in devs, seriously, it is about time.. p l e a s e :)

Return to “Bitwig”