Thread Title Fonts Screwed Up

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oddly enough even in Microsoft Edge I don't see any broken thread titles in the Site Stuff forum as shown in Wagtune's screenshot. I do see them in the Instruments forum but only a few on page 2 today. There is one in the Effects forum and it's the top sticky thread started in 2005. But again they all display fine in Firefox. Edge is the only chromium based browser I have installed on any PC. Chrome displays fine on two Android devices. Wags doesn't mention what browser he's using.

Strange. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:19 pm Oddly enough even in Microsoft Edge I don't see any broken thread titles in the Site Stuff forum as shown in Wagtune's screenshot. I do see them in the Instruments forum but only a few on page 2 today. There is one in the Effects forum and it's the top sticky thread started in 2005. But again they all display fine in Firefox. Edge is the only chromium based browser I have installed on any PC. Chrome displays fine on two Android devices. Wags doesn't mention what browser he's using.

Strange. :shrug:
I use Google Chrome

Same here on Windows 10 and Google Chrome in recent times. This used to be OK previously, but it seems a recent Chrome or site update has broken it. Firefox seems to be fine.

At this point I'm starting to think this is never getting fixed. If that's the case, I'll probably leave the forum. I can't read half the thread titles anyway and trying to navigate this place is starting to becomes extremely annoying.

I don't know if this is any use to you.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fpii?hl=en

wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:26 pm At this point I'm starting to think this is never getting fixed. If that's the case, I'll probably leave the forum. I can't read half the thread titles anyway and trying to navigate this place is starting to becomes extremely annoying.
Just use Firefox and it becomes a non-issue. Chrome is data mining you (worse than FF) and that's why I never use it.

But that being said at least an explanation or confirmation from the webmaster of KVR would be nice since you were kind of enough to report the issue.

Perhaps the issue is not caused by KVR but if we knew that then members could stop wasting time reporting it....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The way I know it, problems like these get fixed, but, it takes time.

And, yes, it surely is a KVR issue.

Doesn't take more than a minute or two to say....."thanks for the report we're looking into the matter" or "the problem lies with Chrome so it's nothing we can fix".

Kind of the whole point of having a "Site Stuff" sub-forum.......:shrug:
chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:53 pm And, yes, it surely is a KVR issue.
You base that on what ? KVR works fine in Firefox, works fine in Chrome on Android.

Yes it might well be a KVR issue but then again it might not be which would go a long way in explaining why it hasn't been fixed yet.

It doesn't work in Chrome on Android, as I mentioned above. Try the landscape mode.
KVR_Audio_mobile.png
And, the KVR forum already had lots of display issues. One remaining issue is also that some threads don't scale properly, so you can actually scroll, even though it should scale to the viewport. It simply seems like it isn't properly tested on Chrome (or Chromium browsers in general). No other forum I frequent has such issues, including the ones based on phpBB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:16 pm It doesn't work in Chrome on Android, as I mentioned above. Try the landscape mode.
As I mentioned above it works fine in Chrome in landscape mode on two different Android devices here. :shrug:

I use Firefox so it's a non-issue for me so I don't know what to tell anyone other than to use Firefox until (if) the issue ever gets fixed.

Of note on Microsoft Edge the thread title that's messed up is the one in your screenshot so I still maintain it has something to do with the "about" or the title length or something in those titles. It does not appear to be random.
Last edited by Teksonik on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It might have to do with the resolution of your device then. Or something. All I can say is that it happens both on my Android phone, and on my Windows machine.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:48 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:26 pm At this point I'm starting to think this is never getting fixed. If that's the case, I'll probably leave the forum. I can't read half the thread titles anyway and trying to navigate this place is starting to becomes extremely annoying.
Just use Firefox and it becomes a non-issue. Chrome is data mining you (worse than FF) and that's why I never use it.

But that being said at least an explanation or confirmation from the webmaster of KVR would be nice since you were kind of enough to report the issue.

Perhaps the issue is not caused by KVR but if we knew that then members could stop wasting time reporting it....
The problem is, I use Roboform, which is a password management system. I have no idea if it will work on Firefox and even if it does, I have no idea how to transfer all my passwords and bookmarks.

But why should I have to use 2 browsers? And make no mistake, I will. For one thing, in order to get rid of all those annoying Youtube video ads, I installed a Chrome plugin that does just that. I have no idea if Firefox has such a thing and if it doesn't, I'll still have to use Chrome when I go to Youtube or put up with those annoying ads in the middle of videos.

Chrome works fine on every single site except this one so why should I have to jump through hoops in order to stay here?

Yeah, I know. So then don't stay here. I get it. It's my choice. Nobody is forcing me to do anything. If I feel I have to leave, well, that's up to me. If I want to stay and not be annoyed, until this problem gets fixed, if it even can be fixed, my option is to go to Firefox. And I did test it on my other computer. Firefox works fine.

Anyway, it's my decision. KVR doesn't owe me a solution that will make my life easy.

But yeah, it would be nice if SOMEBODY would say something.

Works fine on my Android phone and Android Tablet in Chrome:

Edit...Ok I notice on my phone that the "abouts" are missing in the UVI falcon thread that's messed up. In fact all the "abouts" are gone. That might have something to with resolution.
KVR 031821.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The only difference I see is that I have the soft buttons of the 3 button navigation on the right side. Might make the viewport more narrow, and lead to the letter salad, because the thread title is spread over two lines.

See my edit above. My phone does not display the "abouts". Maybe that does have something to do with resolution. Or perhaps it's a setting in Chrome. I never use it so wouldn't know.

Return to “Site Stuff”