11.5.7 Update and Now Waveform crashes constantly "Audio engine crashed"

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

Anyone having this issue? This "audio engine crashed" problem seems to happen randomly and OFTEN. I have never had such problems and I'm kind of freaking out.

Sometimes it seems like I can trigger this happening by "Undoing" (CTRL-Z) something and then playing the recording back.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

what is your OS?

Sry, I am using Windows 11
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You can get a previous version installer and roll back if you want. You go to 'individual installers' on your account page, then Waveform 11 and there's a little 'archive' link. It might be down at the moment TBH.

I had occasional audio engine crashes caused by Collective in 11.5.2. But so far, this has not happened in 11.5.7.

yes, been having this issue all day with constant crashes...basically making it un-useable. I'm using Windows 11 too.

Happening to me, too, on Win 10...seemingly random. Fortunately I haven't lost any work. For example, I was control+copying a single note in the MIDI editor when it began to buzz for a split-second before crashing.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Anybody else having cutouts on the master channel? I randomly lose the left channel and sometimes both channels on the master bus. This happened occasionally in other 11.5 versions but is happening a lot now in 11.5.7. There is still a signal on all the tracks when this happens. Seems to be just the master. I originally thought it might be TB Reelbus but it has happened with U-HE Satin and Airwindows ToTape5 also. Using Windows 10.

Oh, and it seems to resolve itself if I close Waveform and then open it again.

dayvyg wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:48 pm Anybody else having cutouts on the master channel? I randomly lose the left channel and sometimes both channels on the master bus. This happened occasionally in other 11.5 versions but is happening a lot now in 11.5.7. There is still a signal on all the tracks when this happens. Seems to be just the master. I originally thought it might be TB Reelbus but it has happened with U-HE Satin and Airwindows ToTape5 also. Using Windows 10.
Have you looked to see if the Sandbox crashed when you lose audio?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:39 am
dayvyg wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:48 pm Anybody else having cutouts on the master channel? I randomly lose the left channel and sometimes both channels on the master bus. This happened occasionally in other 11.5 versions but is happening a lot now in 11.5.7. There is still a signal on all the tracks when this happens. Seems to be just the master. I originally thought it might be TB Reelbus but it has happened with U-HE Satin and Airwindows ToTape5 also. Using Windows 10.
Have you looked to see if the Sandbox crashed when you lose audio?
I don't have plugin sandboxing enabled. Thanks for the suggestion though.

d.

yes, it seems to happen when I use FX plugin on an audio clip. Never had this issue until 11.5.7

Kang wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:25 am You can get a previous version installer and roll back if you want. You go to 'individual installers' on your account page, then Waveform 11 and there's a little 'archive' link. It might be down at the moment TBH.
Thanks foe the suggestion. I may try giving this a go. For now, I have identified a few things that definitely trigger the crash and I am able to avoid it for the most part. It's still very frustrating though. Thanks, again.

Thanks to all for commenting. Hoping that these issues get resolved sometime soon... I have been able to avoid triggering the crashes by avoiding some copy/pasting of clips and avoiding using the "undo" (ctrl-z) functions as much as possible (which seem to predictably cause the crashes). Still, very frustrating.

I updated to 11.5.18 a few days ago and I am now getting audio dropouts all over the place all of a sudden. In fact, Waveform is unusable for more than a few minutes at a time!

Return to “Tracktion”