Looking for an alternative to Synthmaster One

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2 ArcSyn SynthMaster One Vaporizer2 Vital

Hi,
So I have recently purchased Synthmaster One, it is cheap, sounds good and I like it, but unfortunately it keeps on crashing my DAW every single day (FL Studio) and it's getting increasingly annoying and counterproductive to make music like that.

I'm looking for an alternative with the following attributes:
* relatively cheap
* relatively low CPU usage
* user friendly interface
* sounds at least as good as Synthmaster One does
* has visual representations of modulations (and drag-n-drop style modulation assignment, or anything that is more intuitive than just a matrix).
* optional: has some sort of wavetable capability

Thank you

It sounds like you’re specifically looking for Vital.
I hate signatures too.

U-he Hive

Not as cheap, but you may like Pigments 3. At the moment it’s $99.

Synthmaster One is stable and reliable here, and it sounds great, so i must say i am very happy with it.
However, to answer your question i might suggest Vital or Thorn.

Vital or Vast Vaporizer2. Both are great synths.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

sinkmusic wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:01 pm Synthmaster One is stable and reliable here, and it sounds great, so i must say i am very happy with it.
However, to answer your question i might suggest Vital or Thorn.
Not on my machine, daily crashes.
Already have Thorn but the CPU usage is 4 times of that of SM One.

Halma wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:05 pm Vital or Vast Vaporizer2. Both are great synths.
Interesting, never heard of Vaporizer before, gonna give it a try, thanks
Maybe it's time to finally try Vital too :D
Last edited by ferez21 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:00 pm Not as cheap, but you may like Pigments 3. At the moment it’s $99.
How's the CPU hit?

Now when I think about it, I did like HY-Poly a few months ago when I demoed it, might give it another run.
https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-poly/

ferez21 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:14 pm Now when I think about it, I did like HY-Poly a few months ago when I demoed it, might give it another run.
https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-poly/
It's very nice, too. Quite different from the others, but a lovely little beast.

I used to have quite random crashes in SM 2.9 fairly often, pretty rare for me tbh.

I demoed the SM earlier & now again just recently and it still crashes my FL Studio :/
So you are not alone with the problem.

Ana2 is on offer at the moment. Maybe that would be good option?

I have to say SM2 has been a lot more stable for me than SM1, there is something about the latter that creates these crazy crashes. At one point, I had to re-install the plugin because it wouldn't instantiate at all in the wake of one bigger crash.

I love the sound and the GUI, but SM1 has been regrettably on the infirm side for me. SM2 fortunately covers a lot of the same ground and a lot more besides, so that isn't that much of an issue for me. Still, I hope Bulent keeps fixing the bugs and the plugin achieves more stability in the future, the synth has a lot of potential.

Try Vital. It is way better than Sunthmaster One for wavetables and modulations, and it's free. And if you want the versions with more presets and more wavetables, they are cheap.

Return to “Instruments”