Rapid GUI Redesign - Free D/L -

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some of you might remember a thread I had created highlighting my project in reskinning Rapid, well that went on the back burner for about 6 months now. So what I'm doing now is providing a couple of the ones I think some of you will like. They come in two designs which evolve from the original modern version provided.

Creating skins for Rapid is not that common, at least around on KVR I don't think. It's a very tedious process which isn't made easy by how certain things are laid out...but anyway...

To install and try them, just right-click on the logo of Rapid and click on where it says 'Browser...' then copy the zipped files across to that opened folder.

Set No2:
Download is around 257 Megabytes

Download Link -VR-Tron-May-2021[-X1-X2 A & B & Hybrid-

-------------------------------------------------

Set No1:
Download is around 89 Megabytes

Download Link - Dark Future - VR1 & VR2 Set

--------------------------------------------------

Download Link - Hybrid-Red

Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:34 am, edited 12 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Fixed the screenshot images and added the other main panel view. In essence, much of the original GUI has been changed but is more in line with a gradual transgression from the modern skin. It might not be clear, but some panels are texturised and so they are not all flat.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Thanks for these, appreciate the work

shonky wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:55 pm Thanks for these, appreciate the work
Thanks, I think there are a few tweaks related to the icons or colours I could maybe do still, but overall I'm quite happy with these. The modified knobs do move a little, but that's one of the issues in modifying the templates.

Thanks for these. :tu: Where are the factory Rapid skins located ? Are they available to edit by the user ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks Intrancer. For one, I've wanted a black-ish skin for Rapid. After playing with it a bit, I still prefer the Modern skin (mostly because the contrast works better for my eyes), but this is a close second. Cheers :)

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:24 pm Thanks for these. :tu: Where are the factory Rapid skins located ? Are they available to edit by the user ?
On Windows they are located in the 'Style Data' folder of C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid

They are normal zip files you can edit, but if you change any, you need to remember to change the name of the meta file patch name, so they are unique and for them to work.

Thanks, I think I've run into this issue before. I've done some simple color edits for the Modern theme, renamed it in the .xml file, re-zipped it up and get this:

Rapid 050921.png
I've done color edits for quite a few other plugins I've owned over the years so this isn't my first day at the office but obviously I've buggered something up....... :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:07 am Thanks, I think I've run into this issue before. I've done some simple color edits for the Modern theme, renamed it in the .xml file, re-zipped it up and get this:

Rapid 050921.png

I've done color edits for quite a few other plugins I've owned over the years so this isn't my first day at the office but obviously I've buggered something up....... :?
In 2019 I created a video to show how to do it. You need to select all the folders and files as shown in the video and compress them as a zip file, then rename the zip file if you need to. (Remember to edit the text document and save the .xml file so it's got a unique id name then select it and the style file when compressing it as a zip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=049cKJhGkxI

Thanks but I've already done all that. Name in the .xml file matches the name of the zip file. I am using Windows 10's built in zip utility.

Rapid 050921-2.png
Maybe I'll try zipping with 7Zip.

EDIT: That was it. Using 7Zip works. Thanks again. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

They look great, thanks!

Do you know where the mac skin location is?

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:09 am Some of you might remember a thread I had created highlighting my project in reskinning Rapid
Yes! And they are awesome! Thanks buddy :love:

Looks good!
On another note... you've been teasing those Hive skins fore a couple years now.
*ahem*

simmo75 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:47 am They look great, thanks!

I don't have a Mac, but you can access the location from right-clicking on the logo to open the browser.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:34 pm
simmo75 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:47 am They look great, thanks!

I don't have a Mac, but you can access the location from right-clicking on the logo to open the browser.
Awesome!
Thanks again :)

Return to “Instruments”