is Logic a “suitable host” for MIDI output in Geist2

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, hope all is well
Does anybody has a knowledge about Geist’s MIDI output in Logic?

FAQ says that Geist2 supports MIDI output as a standalone application or as a plugin in a suitable host, its pattern and graph events are transmitted from its MIDI output.

Is Logic a “suitable host”?
If so, how can I route MIDI from Geist to Battery?
I’d like to use Geist2 as sequencer for Battery4 in Logic if possible.

I imagine Logic is a perfectly suitable host. Geist 2 by default will output both audio and MIDI events. So as long as you can route that MIDI to Battery you're good. Best of all, Pad 1 in Engine 1 of Geist 2 directly maps to Pad 1 in Battery, and sequentially. So no MIDI remapping. Note certain things can't be transmitted via MIDI, such as reversing a sample.

Geist 2 has an excellent drum rack functionality, it surpasses Battery in several ways, though I love Battery's workflow so I get it. I suppose you also have kits already in Battery and Geist 2 unfortunately cannot import/convert those. But it may be worth finding the samples and dragging them into Geist for things like reversing.

logic sucks for routing midi from instruments. you have to go into the environment window and i think even then it's a PITA. so.. easier to do in Live or pretty much any other DAW

Return to “FXpansion”