Reason 12 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12 Reason Intro Reason Suite

I don't know how it looks for you guys but the boobs in my post have... problems.

IBL
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:57 pmIBL
Interstellar Bowel... My english is failing me.

it means if this keeps going off topic its gone...an old kvr expression...in before the lock
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

machine_spirit wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:22 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:35 pm Do we even know what the 11-12 update price is yet?
I am assuming it cant be more than 129 (as you can but the 11 upgrade for that now and get 12 free)

Skipping a few updates always yields the best value (and on advantage of having multiple DAWS, you don't feel like you have to keep them all up to date!). I went from Live 9 to 11 in a 40% off sale and it was like a new DAW, bit I was never tempted to go from 9 to 10...If the updates don't impress you much, just skip it!
I think people like me who bought 11 for the DAW ended up in a particularly bad position as far as upgrades go. Any other major DAW would've provided more for the money spent with the "free" updates. Others got offers like that "buy 11 and get 12 for free". But we who started out with Reason 11 were left with little to nothing to soften the blow from the RRP focus and subscription etc.
On the other hand there wasn't alot of time for us to get invested either but now we're getting real cynical...
Yup, I can see why you would feel hard done to (I bought R11 in the sale and got 12 upgrade free so I cant complain, only empathise- for example- I paid full price for Bitwig and now there is a 40% off upgrade from nay DAW deal!) Loyalty and early adoption always seem to be punished in the software world (outside of FL Studio!)

Maybe there will be a nice sweetener in 12 for 11 users- lower upgrade cost, free Re...find out soon!
Last edited by SLiC on Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hink wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:46 pm it means if this keeps going off topic its gone thats what it means...an old kvr expression...in before the lock
I think this thread can die gracefully (or you can put it out of its misery) when R12 is 'launched' very soon...I'm sure that will get a new thread (or 3!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hink wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:57 pmIBL
Slic’s got a good point. Maybe time to out this thread out to pasture.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Hink wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:46 pm it means if this keeps going off topic its gone...an old kvr expression...in before the lock
Ahh. I thought it could be something like that because i've seen others use expressions unknown to me regarding other stuff (political). Checked the FAQ but couldn't find anything.

Hink wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:46 pm it means if this keeps going off topic its gone...an old kvr expression...in before the lock
v12 will be released in 2 days. Give us a chance :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Took me a while to find it but the 1 and only feature they added in the Reason 11 cycle was in 11.3.9 - shift + double clicking of a note in a row in the midi editor selects that note + all the notes therafter on that row till the end of that clip. Nice feature but wow, thanks Reason Studio's, I'll cross that off off my 100 missing feature's in Reason lol!

And the release notes have no release dates on them.

Eclectrophonic wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:09 pm Took me a while to find it but the 1 and only feature they added in the Reason 11 cycle was in 11.3.9 - shift + double clicking of a note in a row in the midi editor selects that note + all the notes therafter on that row till the end of that clip.
Well, they also added CPU meters on devices :party:

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

EnochLight wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:14 pm
machine_spirit wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:55 am The Reason 11-12 update window was undeniably poor value.
Remarkably, I actually agree with you on this. Version 12 basically brings (that we know of): a new sampler (Mimic), a new Combinator, updated hi-res graphics (this should have been a free point update IMHO) and a faster browser (also feel this should have been a free point update). So from my perspective, just a new sampler and a new Combinator. I don't feel that's worthy of a full version upgrade, IMHO. In a case like this, I actually hope that 12.x brings a ton more over its life, but I suspect that most of these things will only be given to R+ subscribers. Will be interesting to see how 12.x pans out after
Well if you upgrade to 12, you'll get the same updates as Reason+ subscribers at the same time? if you're not on 12, why would you think you would get any Reason 12 feature's?

I'm not actually a fan of the new Combinator from what I've seen / used of it so far. The old one was way more cool graphically. I'm actually a little annoyed they've replaced the old one with this, should be a separate device. Not to mention, all those tutorials done by James Bernard, Hydlide, LearnReason.com etc that will now not correspond to the new device as they've altered things in it. All the effort and hours these people put into making excellent tutorials to have the device now become obsolete or defunct.

Eclectrophonic wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:24 pm I'm not actually a fan of the new Combinator from what I've seen / used of it so far. The old one was way more cool graphically.
Yeah I'm going to have to disagree with you 100% there. The old one doesn't even hold a candle compared to what Combinator 2 can do, IMHO - both functionally and graphically.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

SLiC wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:48 pm Yup, I can see why you would feel hard done to (I bought R11 in the sale and got 12 upgrade free so I cant complain, only empathise- for example- I paid full price for Bitwig and now there is a 40% off upgrade from nay DAW deal!) Loyalty and early adoption always seem to be punished in the software world (outside of FL Studio!)

Maybe there will be a nice sweetener in 12 for 11 users- lower upgrade cost, free Re...find out soon!
Yeah, i think it's pretty common outside of software too honestly. Phone/ISP corporations offering better deals to new customers while the people who've subscribed for decades get nothing is standard practice here for example.

Not sure how low the Reason 12 upgrade price has to go for me to consider it, i am curious about the high-res update but who knows how useful i would actually find it. Best approach for me would simply be to keep my DAW options open and wait and see what happens with Reason in general, i'm not allergic to the idea of using the RRP. Proper offline authorization like Live and Bitwig would be nice.

antic604 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:17 pm
Eclectrophonic wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:09 pm Took me a while to find it but the 1 and only feature they added in the Reason 11 cycle was in 11.3.9 - shift + double clicking of a note in a row in the midi editor selects that note + all the notes therafter on that row till the end of that clip.
Well, they also added CPU meters on devices :party:

Not seen that.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”