get note instead of unpack

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In this structure , taking the pitch information using the 'get key 'module adds an obvious delay .
Thestructure at the right ( using the unpack note ) does not .
It could be that I posted this a couple of months ago , can't really remember , maybe the 'get key' module is taking the pitch from the note off , thus adding delay to the added note
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Think I found it , when using the get key , a constant ( transpose ) is then added to both the note on /off , hence the double triggers
Eyeball exchanging

I don't understand what the benefit is of the 'get key 'reporting note pitch data twice ( for note on and off )
Since a midi note OFF is always the same pitch as the note on
Eyeball exchanging

The [get key] module doesn't know what it is connected to, so it can't assume that the MIDI event following a `noteon p` will always be a matching `noteoff p` (where p = note pitch). If that module is connected to a [MIDI input], for example, you may hold several notes to play a chord, so you'd get several `noteon`s before you get any `noteoff`s. In fact, even when it is just connected to a [mono step seq], you can't guarantee that you will get `noteon p` followed by `noteoff p`: if you set a step to have a gate of `tied` and the following step to have a different pitch, the sequencer will delay the `noteoff` by a single tick to allow for legato effects.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”