RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abyss

https://youtu.be/p_XheM910EE

preset tour of my expansion for abyss
available here https://www.tracktion.com/products/abyss

also doing a giveaway for the pack over the next 3 days
details in the youtube description
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

I would really like more detailed envelopes.

Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:50 pm I would really like more detailed envelopes.
Not sure if I understand this correctly --- you mean multi-stage envelopes that allow more complicated behaviour?

Bought it. I'll have to check out the new features since I first demoed it like 6 months ago. Envelopes control was one of my complaints IIRC because the envelopes sound weird on some sounds. Also the hope they allow monophonic use now, has that changed?

briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:54 pm Bought it. I'll have to check out the new features since I first demoed it like 6 months ago. Envelopes control was one of my complaints IIRC because the envelopes sound weird on some sounds. Also the hope they allow monophonic use now, has that changed?
Cool! I hope you will have lots of fun and inspiration with it! There was a bug with regards to the envelopes that has been fixed. If you find any weird behaviour please send me a patch to peter at dawesomemusic dot com - so that I can check.
Monophonic use is on the list for the next update, but there have been quite many new features since it release in June.

PetVor wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:01 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:54 pm Bought it. I'll have to check out the new features since I first demoed it like 6 months ago. Envelopes control was one of my complaints IIRC because the envelopes sound weird on some sounds. Also the hope they allow monophonic use now, has that changed?
Cool! I hope you will have lots of fun and inspiration with it! There was a bug with regards to the envelopes that has been fixed. If you find any weird behaviour please send me a patch to peter at dawesomemusic dot com - so that I can check.
Monophonic use is on the list for the next update, but there have been quite many new features since it release in June.
Perfect, thank you!

PetVor wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:53 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:50 pm I would really like more detailed envelopes.
Not sure if I understand this correctly --- you mean multi-stage envelopes that allow more complicated behaviour?
Hi Peter, great job with the FM feature! That really is such a useful function for me. More ways to manage/shape/change the sound would be very welcome.

RE envelopes: It would be good to have some more detailed control. They are quite small at the moment, so small adjustments are harder. Can we modulate ADSR? Multi points with loop would be great! :)

While I have you, any plans for more effects? Abyss is a really nice tool, I mainly use it for randomness, so any new features for randomising would be welcomed too. :tu:

You can engage SHIFT when editing the envelopes for finer control. Modulation of ADSR is currently not possible within Abyss, but I am already thinking about how to add this. What you can do now: automate ADSR parameters within your DAW. Adding Multi-Stage envelopes with loop is something I also consider, for the moment you can abuse the LFOs as multistage envelopes. Data Broth made a really cool proposal to me regarding randomness, that will also go into the next update.

Hey guys im really interested in this vst, first is it only vst3?
2nd. It seems to be a great tool for pads, drones and soundscapes but how limited is it?
As far as i see you got a pool of sounds from a pool with various colours but no sample import or something to change the pool? How is this abyss pool (i just name it now like that) generating sounds?

Im really intrigued to maybe buy it. The demo seems nice but i dunno how varied it is or if it gets asap the same sound variations?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

There is a 90 days free trial without restrictions - so you can test it at no risk.

There are around 2000 tone colours that you can choose from to create the gradient. Each of these tone colours can be modified with multiple spectral parameters - giving you quite a range of sounds to draw from. On top you have FM and an "analog" filter to further shape the sound. The engine behind the tone colours itself is based on spectral processing, its often described as very organic by many users. Very unique is the "noise" slider for the tone colours, it does not simply add noise, but it modifies the sound to become more noise like. This gives you control of an amazing range of noises and noise like sounds that you can mix in your patches. There are some videos from Data Broth who demonstrates the rich range of sound variations you can get from Abyss.

multi-mode filter please :)

Oh yes, why not. I put it on the list for the next update!

Lieber PETER, dein Abyss Plugin ist jetz auch auf meiner Platte und JA! es ist der Hammer, super Flächensounds und schön zu modifizierende Modulatoren. Doch ich will noch ein wenig bemängeln, ist aber nur finetuning. Schau doch mal ob du was machen kannst:

- Die Schrift neben den Modulator-Settings ist schlecht lesbar und etwas zu klein, selbst wenn das Plugin jetzt großgezogen ist und den Monitor halb ausfüllt.
- Auch die Schrift der Tooltips ist nicht ganz so optimal, es liegt vermutlich auch daran dass alles Capital Letter sind, als Tip versuche doch mal folgende Schriftarten, falls das überhaupt implementierbar ist. (Futura, Proxima Nova, Segoe, Consolas, Inconsolata, Fira Mono) und ggf. doch auch kleine Buchstaben nutzen
- Bitte lass uns doch auch Presets favorisieren !

Ich danke dir wenn du das kommentieren oder umsetzen kannst.
Beste Grüße
Ein Fan :)

Ja, klar, das kann ich gerne noch optimieren. Was genau meinst Du mit "Schrift neben den Modulator Settings"? Meinst Du "RATE", "SMOOTH" und "LEVEL"?

Return to “Instruments”