Sysex track wrong data

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The pack sysex: unexpected type at 'data': expected nonempty array[integer (0-127)] or integer (0-127)
I have no idea where it comes from ( let alone debug ) , everything works as expected , there are no empty arrays send .
Also disconnecting any module gets rid of the error sign , so debugging like this doesn't help either
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

It seems to be the 'pmt module ) upper left corner (previous screenshot )
These modules when disconnected don't give the error message when resetted , but there is no wrong data in any of those , not even an error message
Eyeball exchanging

For some reason it seems to be the dropwdown modules which has the notes ranging from c-0(that is a minus ) to g-9 , the output range is perfecty valid range 0-127 , other wise an error would be shown in the template
Still looking for the issue .
Eyeball exchanging

O.K so this was the issue , by default the drop down was set to NONE (visible on gui ) , which was not even a parameter in the list .
All the other dropdowns in the editor show their selected vlaue , so where does this 'NONE'come from ?
Eyeball exchanging

I disabled the drop down set up events and the error dissapears when resetting
But I still don't get why the error occurs even when the dropdown outputs a valid value .
Eyeball exchanging

"None" is what is displayed in the [dropdown] when its numeric value doesn't refer to one of specified parameter options. Generally, this occurs when either you haven't specified any items in Parameter > Options; or you've previously given the [dropdown] a value that's now been removed (for example, setting the options to "alfa", "bravo", charlie", picking "charlie", and then removing it).

I'm not sure whether the [dropdown] emits an error if given a numeric value via the inlets that doesn't match one of the options - but if it doesn't, I will add that in as it is surely an error worth reporting.

Your editor is looking pretty nifty, by the way.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

The dropdown has the full note range in it's content box , so it output values 0 ( lowest note ) to 127
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”