Bitwig Studio 4.1 Beta release is imminent

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Mantra wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:40 pm Receipts are "convenient" in a dispute... Ill give you that.
Those are not receipts. Those are companies explaining why their product was delayed and/or sucked on release.

From my own experience ("lived experience", lol), remote work has only increased how much most people work - people save on commuting, on chatting trivial stuff and being distracted by others, managers try to plan & track stuff better, therefore people know better what they need to do and what's the deadline; as your office is now at home more people log-in late in the evening / early morning or even during weekends, to meet those deadlines especially if they had to take care of kids during the day or do something else not work related.

And that's not something I only observed where I work, but I hear this all around.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I'm also a bit disappointed about this update. Not fond of shiny new note generating tools. I'm a musician at heart. I would have preferred basic daw enhancements. Piano roll refinement, step sequencer, (narrow) track width, better clip auto truncating, a few sampler refinements, some UI refinements (e.g. please let me hide tool bar and the vertical scroll bar over the clips in the arrangement view obscures the ), enable moving clips in the arrangement with arrow keys, key repeat (I would like to scroll the arrangement start point by holding my arrow keys),a way to use the same shortcut for different function in different contexts, MSEG etc. Like the new colours but frankly I was one of few for whom the old colours were fine.. less choices to make. And U-he plugins are great but I pretty much own all of them already.. Still, I'm not going anywhere, Bitwig still has the best workflow of any daw by far. Still happy with my BW 3.2.8.

By the way can anyone confirm if this issue is fixed in 4.1:

In arrangement view you can view the device chains on the channels (which, in itself if a great benefit over Ableton). Right of the plugin is the icon with which you can open the plugin window:
Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 14.39.11.png
But if you have a lot of plugins, a big scroll bar appears over this icon when you try to click it:
Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 14.39.15.png

[edit: changed "generation" to "note generating" ;-) ]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by M-Prod on Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I just discovered that modulating the Ball Speed parameter of the Ricochet device lets me freeze and continue the ball pool simulation. That's cool :D

M-Prod wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:24 pmBy the way can anyone confirm if this issue is fixed in 4.1:

In arrangement view you can view the device chains on the channels (which, in itself if a great benefit over Ableton). Right of the plugin is the icon with which you can open the plugin window:
Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 14.39.11.png

But if you have a lot of plugins, a big scroll bar appears over this icon when you try to click it:
Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 14.39.15.png
Unchanged in 4.1 beta 2 - I just sent in a support email about it.

Return to “Bitwig”