IK Multimedia announces T-⁠RackS FAME Studio Reverb - Intro & special pricing available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:24 am
ShawnG wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:45 am
jamcat wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:35 am
ShawnG wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:49 am every reverb plugin I own has either a wet/dry knob, or wet/dry sliders as these reverbs do.
But none of those reverbs claim to be the sound of room acoustics recorded through a vintage UA, Neve, or SSL console.
that makes what difference exactly?
Actually it potentially makes a world of a difference. Jamcat is factually right, of course. while I totally get the reasoning behind it, the plugin does not really do what it claims to do. As I mentioned before, a button would do the trick ("Full Emulation" ("send dry signal through signal path emulation"))
or another option may even be a second dry/wet control for the console emulation. Some plugins already do something similar btw. to solve the exact same problem...

If they had a button like you described it would have been fine, but if all you have is wet/dry I don’t want dry to be anything other than actually dry. I stand by this, and I question why anyone would assume otherwise. I own the waves plug you pictured as well, and prefer it. I’m not here to be IK’s shill, but they never promised that each layer in the signal chain was discretely switchable, just that the chain was modeled. If you feel that the plug would be better with each link in the chain separately controllable, I would agree with you, but nobody ever told you that it was. Take it up with Peter if you like, but I’m out.

Yes, no no signal-path emu on the dry is certainly the better alternative to always signal-path emu, I agree.

Oh, and just to make sure: I have no horse in this race either way... I merely wanted to make this suggestion as I think it'd be a nifty solution.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”