MuLab for Mac M1?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Considering a single M1 core is faster than my current i5 MacBook pro over all, just go with a single core and call it done. It'll just make me buy a new Mac sooner. :hihi:

Edit: uhhh... Where am I? :o
I'm not sure why this new thread was spun off from this point, but I'm out of context!

I just want native Mac ARM support for MuLab 9 as soon as possible. Hopefully, it's as simple as flipping a switch, but I have a feeling that a SIMD->Neon translator will be needed, so that's like an extra day of work, right? :wink:
Last edited by syntonica on Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Mulab 9.0 will not work with the M1 processor.

wibem wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:30 pm Mulab 9.0 will not work with the M1 processor.
As far as i know that's an incorrect statement.
MuLab 9.0 will work on a Mac M1 system via Rosetta.

I haven't tried it, but I found this in a test about the M1 with some DAWs :
"MuLab (a not so well-known host) doesn’t work at all. “MuLab cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.” A right-click and Open did also not help."

Link?

wibem wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:25 pm I haven't tried it, but I found this in a test about the M1 with some DAWs :
"MuLab (a not so well-known host) doesn’t work at all. “MuLab cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.” A right-click and Open did also not help."
Non-notarized apps have to be approved manually in the settings. Apple has done a good job of gatekeeping software development to those who pay for the Apple Developer ecosystem (notarization, certificate signing, etc).
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 pm
wibem wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:25 pm I haven't tried it, but I found this in a test about the M1 with some DAWs :
Non-notarized apps have to be approved manually in the settings. Apple has done a good job of gatekeeping software development to those who pay for the Apple Developer ecosystem (notarization, certificate signing, etc).
Not really. Just because an application is notarized does not mean it's free of malicious code and/or intent.

There's nothing wrong with the user having to explicitly give their permission for an application to run, but apple goes about it the wrong way. I despise Android as an operating system, and haven't used it in years, but they way applications had to request specific permissions and the way users had to explicitly allow each of them was well done. Unfortunately, Apple continues to dumb down their users. If there was a setting to unchecked that let me manage on my own without Apple's constant interference, I'd be over the moon!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:50 am Not really. Just because an application is notarized does not mean it's free of malicious code and/or intent.
I wasn't saying it's guaranteed to be malicious free. I also don't like the notarization system. I was just saying that Apple has gatekeeped it very well, and their usual justification is to prevent malware. I don't mean that as in it's a good job, but that they're good at it (gatekeeping).

Stupid saying: "Be good, and if you can't be good, be good at it". Apple falls under the good at it camp IMO. Meaning they're very good at demonizing non-Apple approved/payed for software. If Apple had their way, everything would go through the app store so they could get their cut off the top.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

That's why I avoid Apple like the plague, as should everyone imo! But people tolerate this bs so they continue to get away with it. That's how freedoms are lost!

The review about the M1 and audio applications , in which was said, that Mulab isn't working with the new processor, was found in the Amazon- comments from a buyer of a Mac mini. It seems that it was tested quite seriously. I can't believe that the tester hasn' t tried to approve the permission manually in the settings. Has anyone else tested Mulab with the M1 processor ?

p.16 above:
Rpagala wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:38 pmMulab 8 runs fine on my M1 macbook air.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

wibem1 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:31 am The review about the M1 and audio applications , in which was said, that Mulab isn't working with the new processor, was found in the Amazon- comments from a buyer of a Mac mini. It seems that it was tested quite seriously.
Link?

Can't find that comment you quoted.

It's strange. When I open the link, I can find this comment on top of all comments.

Return to “MUTOOLS”