MuLab 9.0.59 App + Plugin

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plutonia wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:44 pm could the 'auto collapse mixer channels' function not darken colour of mixer channels when it is ticked? i colour track/mixer channels with diff colours to see levels when mixer is collapsed, but at the moment it darkens on 'auto collapse' and i can't visually tell which mixer channel corresponds to track
I don't understand what you mean. Pls elaborate, possibly with screenshot. Thx.

screenshot attached. when collapsed the mixer colours darken and can't see which track corresponds to mixer channels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I still don't see what you mean. On your screenshot, tracks and racks do have the corresponding same color, don't they? The same as in MuLab 8, no?

scene reordering: :tu:
scene default loop set to 2 bars: Ok, but could it be set at project level with an option: "default loop lenght >X bars"
Precount clic hiccup still present for me in 9.0.3, when recording in the live matrix and play head is between to beats in the timeline.

By the way ,forgot to mention a little cosmetic thing. I added a Note event pad in Project Modular area and can't find a way to colorize it.

plutonia wrote:344 time=1638573612 user_id=41811]
screenshot attached. when collapsed the mixer colours darken and can't see which track corresponds to mixer channels.
It appears that way because you used darker shades, and when collapsed the buttons, slider, meter and header are all shaded darker anyway, so it appears the whole rack is darker. Just increase the saturation and luminance of your tracks in the color picker, or boost the gamma and/or brightness in your monitor.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Someone mentioned about metronome skipping, and I decided to further investigate. I can seem to induce it anywhere in the timeline regardless of where in the composer I place the cursor line and regardless of bar subdivision, so the metronome will always sound on the 1 after 4 beats (in a 4/4 session) even when the cursor line does not match.

https://youtu.be/MgP-5Qwn6SA

Although I don't show it here, the behavior seems to happen regardless on Live Sync Mode settings as well (though it has influence in how it desyncs), and it will not reset unless you pause.
I make chunes and such!

plutonia wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:20 pm screenshot attached. when collapsed the mixer colours darken and can't see which track corresponds to mixer channels.
Maybe i was confused by the timing of your post as it felt to me you reported a new issue in M9. But maybe you meant the default color shading that both M8 and M9 apply to unfocused tracks & racks? If that's the case see the "Unfocused Track+Rack Coloring" preference, may be that's what you're looking for?

So right now we can drag and drop the clips to the composer input note action map, but I'm thinking wouldn't it be better to be able to drag an empty clip (like: track 4 scene 6 etc.) or at least have it as an option? Also the composer input note action map should have an option to save a preset/template, so the user can quickly
copy and paste to different projects or composers what he has already done.

In the Live Matrix the UNDO/REDO is not working properly:-
If I move a part and then go to Undo it says 'Undo Drop Parts' - this has no effect, nor does the Redo after
If I copy a part Undo says the same 'Undo Drop Parts' and this works, as does the Redo.

Also, I have old cubase 7.5 projects and can drag and drop midi parts from there into mulab. On the timeline this works as it always did, but if I drop a part into an empty Live Matrix slot it removes all the other parts on that track. In this case the Undo shows 'Undo Replace Part'. Using the undo restores the removed parts and does not remove the new dropped part. There are easy workarounds, but it is odd behaviour.

MVsProjects wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:29 am Someone mentioned about metronome skipping, and I decided to further investigate. I can seem to induce it anywhere in the timeline regardless of where in the composer I place the cursor line and regardless of bar subdivision, so the metronome will always sound on the 1 after 4 beats (in a 4/4 session) even when the cursor line does not match.
Although I don't show it here, the behavior seems to happen regardless on Live Sync Mode settings as well (though it has influence in how it desyncs), and it will not reset unless you pause.
Thanks for the extra details & video. That helped. That metronome issue will be fixed in the next M9.0.4. (later today i expect)

mutools wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:24 am
plutonia wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:20 pm screenshot attached. when collapsed the mixer colours darken and can't see which track corresponds to mixer channels.
Maybe i was confused by the timing of your post as it felt to me you reported a new issue in M9. But maybe you meant the default color shading that both M8 and M9 apply to unfocused tracks & racks? If that's the case see the "Unfocused Track+Rack Coloring" preference, may be that's what you're looking for?
sorry. should have said it's same behaviour as m8. what i mean is that the track and corresponding mixer, when collapsed, should stay the same colour and not have only full colour when focused; when focused the mixer opens when you click on track anyway. imagine 16 tracks or more where all mixers are collapsed. you cannot tell which track and clips corresponds to which mixer until you focus and mixer opens. for mixing you need to know track to mixer just by visual feedback to adjust pan and levels easily without thinking about what corresponds to what. using colour it becomes easy if everything stays full colour and doesn't dim/darken. it makes a big difference and makes mulab much easier to use with this visual feedback.

RichardSemper wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:04 am In the Live Matrix the UNDO/REDO is not working properly:-
If I move a part and then go to Undo it says 'Undo Drop Parts' - this has no effect, nor does the Redo after
If I copy a part Undo says the same 'Undo Drop Parts' and this works, as does the Redo.
Fixed in the next M9.0.4.
Also, I have old cubase 7.5 projects and can drag and drop midi parts from there into mulab. On the timeline this works as it always did, but if I drop a part into an empty Live Matrix slot it removes all the other parts on that track. In this case the Undo shows 'Undo Replace Part'. Using the undo restores the removed parts and does not remove the new dropped part. There are easy workarounds, but it is odd behaviour.
Fixed in the next M9.0.4.

Thx!

humanboeing wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:57 am So right now we can drag and drop the clips to the composer input note action map, but I'm thinking wouldn't it be better to be able to drag an empty clip (like: track 4 scene 6 etc.) or at least have it as an option?
I don't understand what you want to achieve. Please elaborate.

plutonia wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:25 am sorry. should have said it's same behaviour as m8. what i mean is that the track and corresponding mixer, when collapsed, should stay the same colour and not have only full colour when focused
Please set the "Unfocused Track+Rack Coloring" preference to 100%.
Doesn't that give what you want?

9.0.3: Note action map not refreshing when we change the midi channel. Have to move or scroll to refresh.

Return to “MUTOOLS”