Korg Wavestate and Opsix for Win/Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:09 pm Why is it not possible to create subfolders in the user folder to organise saved presets? It's going to get very messy if there's no way to do this
I found if you create folders alongside the folder designated as 'User', but in the same presets folder in 'Documents', these do show up as banks in the browser which is pretty good - you just can't have sub folders. Same with all the Korg collection now except, annoyingly, Wavestation and M1, and Wavestate which has its own way of doing things.

Broken record. There is no way to change Setlists in Wavestate via MIDI? Maybe Bank Select? Otherwise - the Wavestate is limited to accessing 64 Performances via MIDI. Severely crippled, if that's the case. Have I missed the errata in one of the releases? Something describing how to access more than 64 patches (Performances in Korg parlance) via MIDI? Sorry for the wine... really hoping this is something I missed... It's there.. but I haven't seen it explained??
jdoo wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:45 am WaveState Native (standalone) / MIDI question. I'm looking to map my controller to WaveState Native, to where I can select Performances from Set Lists. What I have working so far, is creating Set Lists. Sending Program Changes from 0 - 63 go through the 64 slots in the Active Set List. 0 = A1, 1 = A2.. 16 = B1 .. thru 63 = D16 to select different performances. All good (though to be honest... if there is a way of specifically sending Bank Select A-D, I would prefer that). What I dont see.. and am hoping for a little help - is what MIDI CC can I send to choose and make active, a different Set List? The 64 performance slots in the setlist, are quickly eaten up.. as I'm using multiple performances for parts of songs.

Any help or push in the right direction, would be appreciated. Thanks!

Joe

Is anybody else having trouble with the opsix waveform displays in 1.0.3? For me the real-time oscilloscopes that you get while playing are offset from their correct positions in various directions for the different operators which results in most of the display getting cut off. Latest version of Bitwig on Windows 10.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

In my case, it shows funky shapes. It's certainly a bug.

Seems OK here. I am using 1.0.3 in Cakewalk on my Windows 10 PC.

opsix.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EnGee wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:42 pm In my case, it shows funky shapes. It's certainly a bug.
From the little I can see of them the shapes sometimes seem wrong as well.
Examigan wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:25 pm Seems OK here. I am using 1.0.3 in Cakewalk on my Windows 10 PC.
Hmm, I tried it in standalone mode on my system and it's okay there. Maybe it's a Bitwig-specific issue? It was working fine in 1.0.2, although I definitely don't want to go back to that version because the CPU usage and UI performance is far better for me in 1.0.3.

This is in Ableton Live 11(and the same happens also in S1 v5.5):
Korg OPSix graphic glitch.jpg
Korg OPSix graphic glitch in S1.jpg
This is in a PC with Windows 10 and nVidia 3070 card.

My video card is a NVIDIA GTX 1660 Super.

I asked for a Refund for my OPSix many months ago but it seems like they only take your money and have no support :(
I still haven't got a Reply from them at all and OPSix is still not Useable on my Systems (Amd and Intel).
Horrible unstable CPU Usage and Graphic Glitches.

Wavestate Runs like a Dream so something is serious wrong with the OPSix Code....And this is the Last time i buy any Vst From Korg...
Wavestation has never worked on my PC's Either where it gets Blacklisted or Crashes.

I can say that Korg OPsix 1.0.3 is running great on my 12900k and 10900k win11/win10 desktops. I'm running them at 16 samples latency with an Antelope Discrete 8 synergy core audio interface and UA Apollo at 32 samples.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:49 am I can say that Korg OPsix 1.0.3 is running great on my 12900k and 10900k win11/win10 desktops. I'm running them at 16 samples latency with an Antelope Discrete 8 synergy core audio interface and UA Apollo at 32 samples.
Have you checked your taskmanager when it is used?

Mine Fills 1 Core on my Intel I5 12400 in Taskmanager but works a little bit better on my Amd Ryzen 5700X.

Graphic Card used is a Amd RX 6600.

I am not at my home PC at the moment, but I remember seeing a high % for the
GPU or power consumption (can’t remember which) in the task manager. But at least it’s not showing me those glitchy looking waveforms.

trusampler wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:49 am I can say that Korg OPsix 1.0.3 is running great on my 12900k and 10900k win11/win10 desktops. I'm running them at 16 samples latency with an Antelope Discrete 8 synergy core audio interface and UA Apollo at 32 samples.
No problem for me either on an oldish Mac

I find Wavestate Native crashes Cubase a lot (Cubase 12, Windows 11), especially when browsing presets, does it in Reaper as well, and it seems to use more CPU when idle than when playing.

I did read somewhere that if you want support from Korg, you have to ring the distributor in your country, but it's a bit difficult when you get random crashes that aren't reproducible.
i7-9700, 32GB, 2TB Nvme, Win 11, Live 11 Suite

EnGee wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:31 am This is in Ableton Live 11(and the same happens also in S1 v5.5):

This is in a PC with Windows 10 and nVidia 3070 card.
Yeah, that's the exact same issue as me. Please consider submitting a Korg support request so they're aware it's happening and can hopefully fix it next version.

Return to “Instruments”