tracktion w12 metronome count in

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My experience with other DAW's metronome "count in" is, they typically count 4 beats (1-2-3-4) and the play head starts

I recently noticed Waveform counts an additional beat before the first downbeat (..and-1-2-3-4) has anyone else noticed this ...it becomes very obvious if the emphasize downbeat option is selected..

or am I imagining things :?: :?: :dog:
Processor AMD PRO A10-8750B R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (30.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

https://soundclick.com/guerillagenus

Related: please add bar number -1, i.e. a bar before the real start, for anacrucis.

skipscada wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:39 am Related: please add bar number -1, i.e. a bar before the real start, for anacrucis.
I think you might need even a -2 for some pieces, especially if issuing MIDI commands to older, external hardware to give it time to load and ready. This is a long-standing request.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

So I just downloaded the Waveform Pro 13 trial and ran into this (or a related) issue. When I do a 1 bar count-in, it really only does a count-in of 3 beats. So, being so used to other DAWs, I constantly start playing after 1-2-3-4, which means in Waveform that I come in at beat 2 of the bar.

Is there really no way to change this behaviour?

bbcs wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:17 pm So I just downloaded the Waveform Pro 13 trial and ran into this (or a related) issue. When I do a 1 bar count-in, it really only does a count-in of 3 beats. So, being so used to other DAWs, I constantly start playing after 1-2-3-4, which means in Waveform that I come in at beat 2 of the bar.

Is there really no way to change this behaviour?
That sounds like a bug, what tempo and block size?

Sorry for my delayed response. I set my buffer to 64 samples, but it also happens when I have it at 128. Tempo doesn't seem to affect things either. Looking at the playbar, it seems the issue is that it doesn't generate a sound when it starts playing; sound seems to kick in at beat 2.

To be clear; I use several other DAWs (Studio One, Ableton Live and Reaper) w/o any issues.

Return to “Tracktion”