Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Hey everybody,

I'm proud to announce we just released V Collection 9 :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... /overview
V Collection 9 now includes 32 instruments:

4 new instruments: Korg MS-20 V, SQ80 V, Augmented STRINGS, and Augmented VOICES

Prophet-5 V & Prophet-VS V: now 2 individual instruments that were previously a combined hybrid instrument, totally rebuilt from scratch with next-gen modelling

CS-80 V rebuild: a brand new sound engine with totally rebuilt DSP modelling, advanced modulation, voice dispersion, and a modernised advanced panel.

Piano V rebuild: a brand new physical modelling instrument, now featuring 12 piano models, from Japanese Grand to Piano Bar Upright, and advanced sound design controls.

Thousands of new expertly-crafted presets: presets for every instrument, 14 new sound banks, and a huge range of styles -exclusively available for V Collection 9 owners.

Performance and workflow updates: improved loading times, refreshed GUIs, expanded user playlist functionality, and more.
I hope you will enjoy the new additions !

All the best !

Edouard

I can smell the ozone from the Arturia web servers melting down all the way from here.

Congrats on the release, bummer about the leak, guess I'll check it out when the web traffic dies down.

First impressions (after all of 10 minutes):

1. Load times are great. Thank you!!! [EDIT]: Nope. Spoke too soon. They're about the same.

2. Prophet-5: Not great at first go round. Will do a proper comparison later but it just did not impress me. I've got a hardware Rev 4 (Prophet-10) and this doesn't capture the "creepy" Prophet sound. RePro-5 nails it (but needs the ability to add more slop). This sounds a lot like the OB-Xa (OP-Xa) emulation to me. Will do a proper comparison after work though.

2. MS-20: Ok, this will be fun.

3. CS-80: much better. Nice job putting a Blade Runner-esque brass patch as default! There's a patch a few in that makes good use of ring mod and sounds nice to me. Great update.

4. Surprise winner: Piano V3. This is a stunning update! I hated the prior versions but this one is a big, big improvement. I don't know if this is based off the Pianoteq engine or what, but this now sounds very good.

Haven't checked out anything else yet. Really have to get back to work. Just took a quick break.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Fri May 13, 2022 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Downloading now! Augmented Voices is in the list but seems to be missing?
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:22 pm Downloading now! Augmented Voices is in the list but seems to be missing?
Ignore last message. Software Center has just updated itself & it's now available :party: :party:
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Commence melting now. Slow as molasses. Interested in the MS-20 and how it compares to Korg's MS-20 plug-in. I really like Korg's version. Been using that for years. Really happy they split the Pro-5 and VS into separate instruments. Looking forward to hearing the updated CS-80. I already own the SQ-80V. I forgot how cool that synth sounded after having owned an ESQ-1 back in the 80s. I'll wait and see how much my upgrade price once the dust settles.

Congratulations on the new release! I didn't expect MS-20 to be this nasty.

Interesting. They really should solve their traditional server overload problems when they do new introductions.
I do own V8 / Pigments / SQ-80V. What will be my price for V9 ?

FotoxBr wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:40 pm I do own V8 / Pigments / SQ-80V. What will be my price for V9 ?
$149.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

FotoxBr wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:40 pm Interesting. They really should solve their traditional server overload problems when they do new introductions.
I do own V8 / Pigments / SQ-80V. What will be my price for V9 ?
I own all that and it was $149.

Congrats Arturia! This looks like a great update.

FotoxBr wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:40 pm Interesting. They really should solve their traditional server overload problems when they do new introductions.
Never thought I'd be happy to have four hours of back-to-back meetings at the Day Job but today's probably the best day for it, natch.

Yeah this seems to have been the case on release day for every V Collection since I've been a customer (since v4). You don't stick yer website on the same server as the downloads and/or the ordering system ! :hyper:

By the way guys, there's an easter in the KORG MS-20 V, who's gonna find it first?

Edouard Arturia wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:54 pm By the way guys, there's an easter in the KORG MS-20 V, who's gonna find it first?
The oscillators track the pitch of a keyboard without a Hz/V converter?

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”