Zebra 3 and Zebra Legacy

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Dark Zebra Zebra

Ok so if I read correctly, I should buy Zebra 2 and TDZ right now.

Damn I missed a license transfer for both "used" products for $225 because I thought I could wait for another sale... I should have moved faster and get it... It was agood deal I missed. Now those used license will probably not come gain or not st a bargain price. Oh well, will grab it new from the U-He site then! 🙂
- Everything in life is a question of timing -

Urs wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:42 pm Expectations are high, I guess.
If one is looking at the !high quality! free/open-source plugin market, one must find a really good reason for spending money on a synth today. (sorry) (i´ve spent xx.xxx.- of EUR on plugins over the last 10+ yrs)

Starting with Tyrell, followed by Surge and now VITAL there is not much more one needs to create amazing music (on the synth side of course). For me VITAL is at the center of making music, designing sounds and having the upmost fun with tweaking. (I own almost all "Major-Synths" and it is hard to get there with those...)

There are different times ahead of us, I would say a new era has started with the free VITAL synth. Zebra 3 will be the first major Synth after Vital. (or am i wrong?) Developers now REALLY have to step on their toes to not only bring a certain feature-set on the table --> no, there must be a really well-thought-through wholeistic UX concept behind it combined with an amazing UI of course. The Bar was rissen quite high by Matt Tytel, I would presume...

But I have the !upmost confidence! in you (Urs) and the team that you/they will reach amazing/ground-breaking results --> just looking at the Hive development chronologie--> what it was first and what it became in the following updates. :clap:. I am looking forward on the development and all the milestones involved into the process. There are very interesting times ahead of us. And I am very much looking forward to learn new information and concepts alongside with the development and feature teasing --> that´s what i life for.

I am a strong believer in Zebra3 and that it will "rock" the industry like Zebra2 did.

BUT PLEASE: One-Step-After-Another, don´t rush it... give Zebra3 the time it needs and greatness will follow whatever you do. Ejaculating prematurly is only for youngsters...
Everyone knows more than I do...

I love inspirations from other areas and I like to "sideload" some ideas/concepts of related or even unrelated subjects/fields. This documentary inspired me so much... As the audio-plugin-market seems stagnated, I see potential for such "totally new" concepts.... And i am not talking about how Serum got upcycled into Vital. :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWS2mjwM0I

I think Vital was a natural progression to Serum in the oscillator department, technology-wise. In some aspects it has nearly caught up with how I've done things for 20 years, and to my best knowledge, this is the first synth to do so. I'm confident that my experience will help me to come up with something that isn't too shabby, either ;)

Urs wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:15 pm I'm confident that my experience will help me to come up with something that isn't too shabby, either ;)
I have no doubt... :oops:

Wow, Ten years after - I almost gave it up...

Good news!
Cheers :)

hollo wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:33 am Wow, Ten years after - I almost gave it up...

Good news!
Cheers :)
Looking forward to Zebra3 Padsheaven haha!

operator wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:50 am Ejaculating prematurly is only for youngsters...
Not just for youngsters,but definitely for those who are displaying an over abundance of excitement and eager anticipation :wink:
No auto tune...

Urs wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:15 pm I think Vital was a natural progression to Serum in the oscillator department, technology-wise. In some aspects it has nearly caught up with how I've done things for 20 years, and to my best knowledge, this is the first synth to do so. I'm confident that my experience will help me to come up with something that isn't too shabby, either ;)
I have a feeling Steve will do something very innovative with Serum 2

vertibration wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:51 pm I have a feeling Steve will do something very innovative with Serum 2
Is Serum 2 even going to be a thing? I haven’t heard so much as a single word on it ever happening, the vst3 version of Serum is taking long enough as it is

TENETfanboy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:18 pm
vertibration wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:51 pm I have a feeling Steve will do something very innovative with Serum 2
Is Serum 2 even going to be a thing? I haven’t heard so much as a single word on it ever happening, the vst3 version of Serum is taking long enough as it is
You should join the Xfer discord, Steve gives us updates frequently. VST3 version has been available for some time. Try and get off of KVR, and join the XFER discord for frequent updates. He is working on Serum 2, it will be a thing my friend

I think that Zebra 3 will be its own thing, not comparable to anything out there, or anything that will come to be.

vertibration wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:59 pm You should join the Xfer discord, Steve gives us updates frequently. VST3 version has been available for some time. Try and get off of KVR, and join the XFER discord for frequent updates. He is working on Serum 2, it will be a thing my friend

I think that Zebra 3 will be its own thing, not comparable to anything out there, or anything that will come to be.
Yeah I saw it last night on the Xfer forum, the vst3 version is still in beta but he said the full version should be available on a month or so. Also I don’t actually use KVR, I only made an account for Zebra 3 news :wink:

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:15 pm How do you know that zebra 3 will not blow your mind ?
The U-he sound designers are great, and having had insider understanding of the ongoing Zebra 3 developement for ages, along with all that's been created and learned along the way from Diva, Hive, Repro, Bazille, ZHZ, and the effects...I fully expect to be delighted with the results. As I am with the current amazing releases.
Strong competition only makes things better. :hyper:

Maybe I am missing the correct line, but wasn't Zebra Legacy switch announced for later this year? Is this still correct?

From the OP:

"There is a cutoff date: Some time later this year - not sure when exactly - we will stop selling Zebra2 and The Dark Zebra as individual products "

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”