Hoping for better plugin Compatibility

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All i can say atm is that i'm working on the plugin system. Some of the r&d is common to VST3, CLAP and Vst Shell. No promises yet on any of these 3 at this point, nor any timing estimation yet, but there is something cooking... For i'm fully aware that VST2-only has no future anymore. To be continued.

mutools wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:39 am All i can say atm is that i'm working on the plugin system. Some of the r&d is common to VST3, CLAP and Vst Shell. No promises yet on any of these 3 at this point, nor any timing estimation yet, but there is something cooking... For i'm fully aware that VST2-only has no future anymore. To be continued.
Good, fingers crossed!

Excellent mutools. Hoping for the future, especially vst3 support. Thanks

I am able to run VST3s in PlugIn Guru Unify and that seems to work fine in MuLab...

https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/

tony10000 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:12 am I am able to run VST3s in PlugIn Guru Unify and that seems to work fine in MuLab...
I do the same. Also, with MuLab's custom panel, I can see both: keyboard and macro knobs (in Unify you can see only one of them at the time).
Unify.jpg
That, plus composer and (custom) clip launcher makes MuLab a great addition to my whole setup.
Clip Launcher.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robert_p wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:51 am
tony10000 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:12 am I am able to run VST3s in PlugIn Guru Unify and that seems to work fine in MuLab...
I do the same. Also, with MuLab's custom panel, I can see both: keyboard and macro knobs (in Unify you can see only one of them at the time).
Unify.jpg
That, plus composer and (custom) clip launcher makes MuLab a great addition to my whole setup.
Clip Launcher.jpg
Wow, that is really cool! Anyone else using the combination of MuLab and Unify?

Yip - I'm new to MuLab and also have Unify and looking at the incredibly genius ideas from @robert_p really makes me excited for the future of both MuLab and Unify more than any of my other plugins.

mutools wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:39 am All i can say atm is that i'm working on the plugin system. Some of the r&d is common to VST3, CLAP and Vst Shell. No promises yet on any of these 3 at this point, nor any timing estimation yet, but there is something cooking... For i'm fully aware that VST2-only has no future anymore. To be continued.
Jürgen Moßgraber has a series on YouTube on developing for CLAP.

mutools wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:53 am I'm having a serious look at CLAP.
It surely looks interesting!

If MuLab would support CLAP and there would be VST3 to CLAP and AU to CLAP wrappers around, then we're a big step forward.
I've seen some serious work on CLAP wrappers at the programming level to get baked into plugins. Write once for CLAP, get AU, VST3 AND AAX for free. I'm sure we'll see third-party wrapper plugin support real soon, too ( Metaplug or Patchwork style.)

I really dislike VST3 from a programming standpoint, with very poor C ABI support. I'd rather see CLAP succeed with the above mentioned programming wrappers with a MIT-style license. Most programmers would rather work on better DSP algorithms than futz with shoehorning code into some weird framework.

Anyway: CLAP +10! VST3 +1... :D
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “MUTOOLS”