November 2022 - Major Halloween ^_^ updates of 64 bit plug-ins (ver x.08)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx WaveTracer Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16 SE PolyMod KX

http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page-vst.html

KX77FREE has released updates for all its 64-bit plugins :

SDK 10 2022 - SE 1.4671
- Regression to MSV 2015 compiler for Win 7 compatibility (x.07 update).
- Update SEM files with new stable SDK3 (c++) dedicated to SE 1.4 recently available.
- Adding non-linear curves to Kx Synth x16 plug-in envelopes with relative or absolute mode (x.06 update).
- Possibility to check the path of x16 file saved in the preset.
Kx Synth X16 - fixed bugs:
- Fix On upper than 0 envelope bug (x.06 update).
- VCO1 Sync Ov*16 did not work with SAW waveform.
Kx PolyM CSE - Kx PolyMod - fixed bug:
- Fix presets do not update the oscillator leds (x.06a).
Kx Synth x16 - Kx PolyM CSE - Kx PolyMod - fixed bug:
- Possible oscillator bug during Cubase initialization.
All - fixed bug:
- Plug-ins pass compatibility tests of Steinberg's VST3 verification tool.

To operate the 64 bit (x64) KX77FREE plug-ins and the 32 bit (x86) version of SE PolyMod KX plug-in require MicroSoft files called "Visual C ++ Redistributable Package". These need to be installed only once on each PC that uses these plug-ins. The AU version of SE PolyMod KX doesn't need these files...

Link to get the 2015-2022 version (check your already installed packages):
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/w ... w=msvc-170

:phones: Have Fun

Claudia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZawHrDlT8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT6T5SImV0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=360HbtYxZGw
Last edited by kx77free on Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Thanks Claudia!

Hi

The Cubase bug seems to be fixed also on older versions like Cubase 8.5, tested on last Win 10 update.
The major issues I have got with some fat sessions of Cubase with many automation are when the sequencers are on, I must delayed some processes because Cubase doesn't like if a plugin is running just after its loading.
Cubase + Win 10 + Amd, a good way to buy Reaper ^_^.

About the new envelopes, by default the curves are set to linear and absolute to keep the preset compatibility but with non linear curves use, it's better to use the relative mode.

Cheers

I also tested jBridge to load my old 32 bit sessions.
So jBrigde 1.75d4 works perfectly with Cubase 12. Same CPU use like if I use natively Cubase 8.5 32 bit.
Now I preserve my archives also done with Cubase Essential.
Cubase 12 seems more stable on Win 10 than Cubase 8.5.
I aslo work with last Reaper and I think to migrate to Reaper because this one is really more robust than Cubase to do essential : make music without the boring regular instabilities of DAWs like Cubase, Cubase updates are too expensive because you must update all by buying Cubase regularly.

Sorry for the last multiple updates but I work a lot to debug my VSTs with last Win10, last Cubase 12, last SE engine, last MSV c++ compiler 2022 and last jBridge 1.75d4 .
So I won big stability vs old Cubase 8.
I can load all my x64 sessions done since 2017 without loose something and with small asio buffer.

18/10/2022 - Update of 64 bit plug-ins (ver x.07)
SDK 10 2022 - SE 1.4668
- Update SEM files with c++ MSV 2022 compiler to match with last SE engine and its SDK.
- Fix On upper than 0 envelope bug (version 06).

12/10/2022 - Update of 64 bit plug-ins (ver x.06a): Kx Synth x16 - Kx PolyM CSE - Kx PolyMod
Fixed bug:
- Possible oscillator bug during Cubase 12 initialization.

04/10/2022 - Update of 64 bit plug-ins (ver x.06)
SDK 09 2022 - SE 1.4666
- Adding nonlinear curves to Kx Synth x16 plug-in envelopes with relative or absolute mode.
Fixed bug:

Sorry for the last multiple updates but I work in progress sometimes...

SDK 10 2022 - SE 1.4671
- Regression to MSV 2015 compiler for Win 7 compatibility (x.07 update).
- Update SEM files with new stable SDK3 (c++) dedicated to SE 1.4 recently available.
- Adding non-linear curves to Kx Synth x16 plug-in envelopes with relative or absolute mode (x.06 update).
- Possibility to check the path of x16 file saved in the preset.
- Fix On upper than 0 envelope bug (x.06 update).
Kx PolyM CSE - Kx PolyMod - fixed bug:
- Fix presets do not update the oscillator leds (x.06a).
Kx Synth x16 - Kx PolyM CSE - Kx PolyMod - fixed bug:
- Possible oscillator bug during Cubase initialization.
All - fixed bug:

Thanks for all your effort on this amazing synth.

I am still using the 32 bit mono version of this VSTi, and when I tab over to sequencer mode, there are eight voices listed in the upper left, to the left of the aux env/lfo, and above the ext input selectors. The voices say 'sine', 'pulse' etc, and there's an led for each of them, and a number selector. They're all set to values of 10, 11, or 12, though I can select up to a 255 value. If I give one a higher value, the light turns off.

Anyway, I have read through the manual and I understand what the rest of the synth does, but I don't understand what this part does. Could you please explain it? Thanks!

Hi

Just if the led is off it's simply because the waveform doesn't exists, like Quality-Type-Number.kxw (498 ko).
There are 5 types : "Sine, Saw, Tri, Square, Free", 0 to 254 for the number
Quality is always set to "med", so 255*5 = 1275 waveforms per VST.

Check the waveform folder and you will understand.

SE PolyMod KX cannot use them because it is released with native SE SEM, to keep the Apple compatibility, this one is a shared plug-in for SE community.

All KX plugins can use the waveforms built with my KxWaveTracer. This one contains 49 presets and waveforms, you can modify and rebuilt them but the waveforms of KX SYNTH X16 were released by mixing several waveforms following the voltage scale because they are based on a (crappy) Synthi which need a revision, so I reproduced the clip distortions of this exemplar of Synthi by adding same harmonics and I de-phased some of them to have the same shape of waveforms, so it's very artisanal work, like also the filter released with my poor ears by modify a simple DSP filter, so this is why my synth do not the same sound of the majority VST, I worked my code, I do not just copy the university DSP code, I reinvented the wheel...

Return to “Modular Synthesis”