Old issue, Hive only loads presets correctly when GUI is openend in Renoise

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

this is an old issue which makes Hive unusable with Renoise on Ubuntu (20.04). I'm using the latest Renoise version 3.4.2 and Hive 12092. The presets only loads correctly when the GUI is opened. As far I tried it only seems to affect presets with wavetables. Here's an older video that demonstrates the problem:

https://vimeo.com/484895117?embedded=tr ... r=92059627

Thanks for the video. We had never been able to reproduce this issue, thus there was no way to fix it. There have also been no other reports about this. We'll have to check this again.
Are you loading the presets just by loading them from Hive's preset browser, or are you using another method, like MIDI program changes?
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:39 am Thanks for the video. We had never been able to reproduce this issue, thus there was no way to fix it. There have also been no other reports about this. We'll have to check this again.
Are you loading the presets just by loading them from Hive's preset browser, or are you using another method, like MIDI program changes?
Thanks for checking. I tried on a live system (Ubuntustudio 22.04) as I would upgrade my Ubuntu installation if this is the reason, but I also ran into some issues there. The problem is, that it is not reproducible. On the live system I deactivated the FX section in Hive (VST3), saved the Renoise project, and after reopening it the FX section was activated again. With VST2 it was fine, but as I said it was also not reproducible with the VST3 version.

"Are you loading the presets just by loading them from Hive's preset browser, or are you using another method, like MIDI program changes?"

I do nothing. When I load the project I expect that Hive comes up with the latest preset.

Taktik could reproduce it once and wrote: "Ah, I was using older builds. I’ve updated to the latest version and can now replicate this. It seems that loading one instance of the Hive VST2 together with the VST3 version is causing this. I’ve absolutely no clue why this happens. But we could send this stripped down version of the song to U-He and ask them to debug this."

But it also happened to me when only VST2 or VST3 is loaded.

Back in November 2020 (were the video above is from) I also tested Hive 8676 and this version was working fine.

Another issue is the glitchy GUI of the VST3 plugins (as can be also seen in the video above).

I start a new track in Renoise and keep an eye on it. If I find out more I'll post it here. I hope taktik is doing some upgrades on Renoise, so hopefully this can be solved. The glitchy VST3 GUI problem also affects other people.

checked again: no issue with Hive 8676 regarding the preset loading with wavetables.

I made a complete new installation on a Lenovo T440P laptop running MX-21.2.1_x64 Wildflower.

Problem is still present with Hive 12092 and Renoise 3.4.2 :(

Before I was using a different PC. So it's very unlike that it's a rare issue.

Sorry, but you are still the only one who ever reported this, and we still cannot reproduce this.
It's hard to fix something that we cannot reproduce.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to “u-he Linux support”