Wotja 23 - coming soon!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You say you have had the issue before, but don't say whether if that is a generic issue or not? I know this is probably a daft question, but can you open the Microsoft Store on your device? Assuming you can, then as was suggested by zzz00m above, just search for Wotja in it. Hth!
Ok. Just to be clear.
I am looking for a version for Windows 10 desktop.
I'm not looking for a mobile app.
Whenever I visit the Microsoft store in my browser, Opera, I get to the site but the download link does not work. It does not even flicker. I've tried this in Firefox also. Both latest versions
My statement about this having happened to me in the past is just that, but I probably gave up because of getting stuck in a soul-destroying loop. It shouldn't be this hard. Whatever the actual cause is, life is too short.

Sorry to say that after a long time but trying to understand new models and followint page 7 of this thread:

- I am out with 23 Pro, thats it
- give me a 24 one time payment for windows 10 and I am back in again

I did not even understand if this new thing is a subscription or not.

And as willing as I am to try to understand the complex structure of Wotja as good as I can I am definitely not willing to spent that on whatever pricing/payment/subscription model.....

I fought myself threw the windows 10 appstore as I said before and Wotja was the only app that was ever worth it for me to go threw that pain (if you are on a desktop...).

Sorry again, but for me music making is fun, Wotja itself has a lot of working to get to the fun, ok, as there is nothing comparable I am willing to do, but not for even being able to understand how I can get whatever version of 24 I might need or want or whatever page 7 is just a nightmare and I get the impression its getting worse with evry explanation, abbreviation.....

inkwarp wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:26 pm
Whenever I visit the Microsoft store in my browser, Opera, I get to the site but the download link does not work. It does not even flicker. I've tried this in Firefox also.
Don't use a browser. Microsoft Store should be installed in your desktop Windows Start menu. Begin there by launching the Windows Store UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app and search for Wotja...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:07 am
Whenever I visit the Microsoft store in my browser, Opera, I get to the site but the download link does not work. It does not even flicker. I've tried this in Firefox also.
Don't use a browser. Microsoft Store should be installed in your desktop Windows Start menu. Begin there by launching the Windows Store UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app and search for Wotja...
Can't waste any more time on it. I think it's dumb making stuff that's only available from one location. I don't need it.
good luck to the dev.

inkwarp wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:06 am
zzz00m wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:07 am
Can't waste any more time on it. I think it's dumb making stuff that's only available from one location. I don't need it.
good luck to the dev.
Well, alrighty then... you are welcome!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

inkwarp wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:06 am Can't waste any more time on it. I think it's dumb making stuff that's only available from one location
Literally all you have to do is press the windows key and move your eyes then click the store icon

Yet you can waste time making a post about wasting time ? :clap:

Digivolt wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:46 pm
inkwarp wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:06 am Can't waste any more time on it. I think it's dumb making stuff that's only available from one location
Literally all you have to do is press the windows key and move your eyes then click the store icon

Literally i tried everything which had no results so it was a waste of time. It does not work for me. So, no, I can't just 'press the windows key' and all will be magically solved. Which I mentioned. If you read the thread properly instead of waiting for an opportunity to seethe and whine. Forums are full of dullards like you.

inkwarp wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:09 pm
Digivolt wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:46 pm

Literally i tried everything which had no results so it was a waste of time. It does not work for me. So, no, I can't just 'press the windows key' and all will be magically solved. Which I mentioned. If you read the thread properly instead of waiting for an opportunity to seethe and whine. Forums are full of dullards like you.
What version of windows are you using ? If you don't have the store icon you're either not on windows 10/11 or your installed is messed up I don't mean to be rude but it literally is just pressing windows key and clicking on the store app or typing store into the windows search bar

If you're not on win10 or 11 then you did waste your time because the app won't work

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 47527e1f84

It's unfair to say it's a waste of time and too much effort to get, if the problem is on your end, the process if you have windows app is really simple & straight forward

Hi Folks

Yesterday we submitted Wotja 23.3.0 for review. Some variants are already available (https://wotja.com/releases/).

Our principal aim with this release was to improve/simplify the In-App Store and to clear up any remaining confusion on the new W23 In-App Purchase (IAP) options. In the light of some useful and constructive feedback (which we greatly appreciated!) we decided to review our terminology and our overly enthusiastic use of 'reversed' acronyms (there was a reason for it) and to rework/improve our descriptions and explanations. In hindsight it seems that our previous approach was just too confusing, sorry!

Basically, we are now using the term One Time Buy (OTB) instead of Permanent Unlock (PUN), and the acronyms are no longer reversed(!). We feel the term One Time Buy better conveys what that IAP is for and how it will work for and across major versions with our new Featuregrade Business Model. *There is no change in functionality, just a name change*.

See: 'What is a One Time Buy (OTB)' - https://wotja.com/help/#otb
See: 'What is the Wotja Business Model?' - https://wotja.com/help/#wotja-business-model

We also now use the term Tip Jar Tip (TJT) instead of Tip Jar (TJ) and yes, there are some bug fixes, too, in W23.3.0.

We are sorry to have confused anyone with the previous terminology/acronym approach, but moving Wotja to a Featuregrade model for Wotja 23 (with the associated benefits in that) proved to be very complex and very challenging to do (which is why we never attempted it before now). It was hard for us to stand back whilst we were putting that all in place, which is where the constructive feedback was so helpful and we thank those who provided it (and special thanks to zzz00m)!

All said and done, we hope the IAP alternatives are now much simpler to understand!

Best wishes

Tim

Hi Tim,

Congratulations on the new releases, I looked at the changelogs but didn't see mention of the midi issue being fixed? Any news on that?
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

bookofthoth wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:23 am Hi Tim,

Congratulations on the new releases, I looked at the changelogs but didn't see mention of the midi issue being fixed? Any news on that?
Thank you! Sorry, but could you please refresh us on that one?

Hi Folks.
Wotja 23.4.0 is now available:

NEW (Android GP and AZ): Documents > Actions > Import to Documents/Wotja menu option (https://wotja.com/guide/#documents-common-actions) to allow 'missing' Wotja files to be recovered via import from a temporary internal folder (to where they have been previously copied by the Android File Manager) allowing them to then display in Wotja Documents AND to make it easy to get Wotja files into your Android device (e.g. from Desktop).
- For details on the work flow required see How do I copy files (Wotja, audio, MIDI, SF2 etc.) into the 'Documents/Wotja' folder for use in Wotja? (http://wotja.com/help/#android-files)
- Once all the Wotja files you want to keep are in the internal '/Documents/Wotja' folder then you should not need to use this mechanism again, UNLESS you uninstall/reinstall Wotja.

FIXED (Windows): A 'One Time Buy' purchase wasn't always restored (sorry, and big thanks from us to the customers who brought this to our attention); all you should need to do is to get/install the update, load Wotja and then your OTB purchase will be back again.

CHANGED (Windows): The Wotja VST3 plugin is now called Wotja.vst3 so please delete the old Wotja23.vst3 and in your DAW projects where you use that, replace it with the new Wotja.vst3 ... please don't forget this one :D

OTHER: Minor bug fixes.

FULL DETAILS: See Wotja Releases (http://wotja.com/releases/#w23.4.0)

P.S. Love Wotja? *Please* give a new rating for each update, it really helps us.
Last edited by impete on Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Duplicate

imtim wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:29 pm
bookofthoth wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:23 am Hi Tim,

Thank you! Sorry, but could you please refresh us on that one?
No midi output was the prob Tim on the standalone version. You replicated the problem at your end. To be totally up front, I gave up on the standalone. I have had multiple probs with the standalone. If I don't use it for a while, it loads but then crashes. If I try to run it again, it doesn't load. Another try and I get a warning about corrupt installation. I've uninstalled it totally, then re-installed and it will work once then just do the same as above, each time afterward. At one point my antivirus software reported malware in one of the files. I've scanned PC and no infections.

The VST works ok, so been using that, and putting the other stuff on hold. Regardless of the issues, it's still an ace product.
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

bookofthoth wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:35 pm No midi output was the prob Tim on the standalone version. You replicated the problem at your end. To be totally up front, I gave up on the standalone. I have had multiple probs with the standalone. If I don't use it for a while, it loads but then crashes. If I try to run it again, it doesn't load. Another try and I get a warning about corrupt installation. I've uninstalled it totally, then re-installed and it will work once then just do the same as above, each time afterward. At one point my antivirus software reported malware in one of the files. I've scanned PC and no infections.

The VST works ok, so been using that, and putting the other stuff on hold. Regardless of the issues, it's still an ace product.
Hi! Can you please get in touch via our contact form?

https://wotja.com/contact/

Many thanks! Pete and Tim

Return to “Instruments”