Request for Turnado GUI scaling !

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I mean, the GUI presentation is simply superb. It looks very, very nice and practical/inspiring. The only problem is the GUI being too small. It would be great if it was possible to scale it between 150% and 200%.

I see some people here and there doing relatively recent reviews and howtos about Turnado. It still has a user base and for a good reason as it's unique in its creative possibilities. You can certainly attract new customers. Having a scalable GUI would make it much more a pleasure to work with.

Hi mevla,

thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, in contrast to our latest products, a zoom function did not make it in Turnado, but on Windows we at least implemented a hidden zoom possibility. It's not perfect, but it may improve your current situation regarding monitor size.

To decrease the plug-in just click an empty area in Turnado's User Interface to bring it in focus and hold the Shift key down while clicking the Page Down key on your keyboard. To enlarge it hold Shift + Page up.
dgcfbbid.png
Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello Nadine,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this does not work in Bitwig 4.4.6 Linux running a recent yabridge/wine for Windows plugins. Windows plugin GUI resizing works well with other plugins when implemented as part of the plugin structure itself.

The same could be said, and perhaps even more, with Obscurium since it demands to spend more time exploring and understanding in order to be really creative with it when it comes to make it part of a creation : the size is so small that it makes it difficult to spend time on it.

On the other hand Thesys scales very well. If I'm not mistaken Thesys was also an earlier plugin, I mean earlier than when Sugar Bytes started to implement resizable GUIs as part of the product.

Cheers.

Sorry to hear that! Maybe let me know, which screen resolution your Bitwig is working with and if the problem only occurs within Bitwig or also with the standalone version of Turnado. And are you using the native resolution or have you possibly increased/decreased the display scaling percentage in the display scaling options?

Anyway, in case you're familiar with the Windows registry, I think I have a workaround which could work. Please start the registry editor. Press the "Windows" and the "R" key at the same time and enter 'regedit'. Then press OK and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER / SOFTWARE/Sugar Bytes/Turnado
There you can see which resize factor is set:

Capture.JPG

You can open the entry with a double click, click on Decimal at Bae and and manually enter a higher value for resizefactor1 (and 2). Per default it's 100. Start with 150, if that is not enough try 200. This should force a higher zoom scale.

After adjusting the registry it's also essential to restart your computer to make the adjustment permanent.

This should hopefully fix it.

Best,
Nadine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Nadine,

it's great to see you being active here and open for such topics. I just bought Turnado and figured out there is no scaling on macOS. Can you maybe stimate when it's coming or if it's planned?

Thanks and all the best!
Mark

Sugar Bytes wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:20 am You can open the entry with a double click, click on Decimal at Bae and and manually enter a higher value for resizefactor1 (and 2). Per default it's 100. Start with 150, if that is not enough try 200. This should force a higher zoom scale. After adjusting the registry it's also essential to restart your computer to make the adjustment permanent.
Thanks for your reply.

This adjustment does not work on Linux using regedit. The modification is not saved. I know, Linux is not a supported platform. But I see here in the above reply that it does not seem to work on MacOS neither.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”