It's perfect no need to change. (your gear)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ever since I did some rearrangement in my apt and rediscovered my 16" box
durham16.jpg
It's been sitting next to my desk. It's turned to my all occasion go to guitar. I don't even bother reaching or walking across the room for another. The fact that it's handy may have something to do with it. I mean I'd actually need to get out from the chair and walk three steps for my Epi Joe Pass or my D'angelico EXL Other guitars are just as close (solid bodies)

What's your one bread and butter hardware (guitar/amp/effects) that is just right as rain?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Any one of my acoustics is always ready for action.

As for electrics, I'm kinda Keef-ish in that regard. Just plug in and play on my VOX AC-15. Wide range of tones, there. Within Amplitube, I add a bit of delay and overdrive for lead or crunch. My lightest electric is the Stanford CR- Marquee, which is the preferred option at this point.
For recording, I may add chorus and compression, or a phaser. And of course, some decent reverb.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Guitar is a first act I got as a gift from my parents when I was 12. A few years ago I put a nice schaller hardtail on it, and a bass strap, and it's my go to. Certainly doesn't sound perfect but I know the feelings and sounds by heart. I'm sure it could be improved, but I can always get the sounds I want out of it in software, so why fix what works?

Mine is actually an sx Strat with p90s. Extremely clean and can handle crazy distortion. Plus its my only electric lol

My stock black Fender Telecaster is the one for me.

tcc_telecaster_web.jpg

Sounds great whatever I put it through. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

First touch is a nu-x Mighty Plug, it's default sound is now a fairly slow 8-tap delay with reverb, on a nice mild crunch tone, and the MP is plugged into an electric 12-string. The portability and un-pluggedness helps with occasional back pains deciding where I'm gonna be playing.

NU-X MP2.jpg
12string.jpg

The second tone is a controlled-noise distortion with a noticeable tremolo and rich reverb, the third tone is a clean sound with some chorus, a shallow 4-tap delay, and light reverb.
The other four sounds are various acoustic setups that sound fine on the electric.

On a computer, the BlueCat Axiom 'plini' presets are the favorite and default, and Amplitube 4 with all the Fulltone collection gear at work in second place. I greatly prefer the V4 gui over the new V5, and I haven't yet explored my trove of V5 MAX :dog:

(I do spend some free time happily using the old CM Fuzz (aka CamelCrusher) for it's randomizing the amp/compressor/levels etc, followed by NI's Replika and Raum, good ole no-brainer almost-freebie fun :hyper: )
Cheers

tapper mike wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:44 pm Ever since I did some rearrangement in my apt and rediscovered my 16" box durham16.jpg
It's been sitting next to my desk.
That guitar builds morale jusy by existing :hihi:

Ha! I've got that EXACT same Dan-O 12 string....blue sparkle finish and all! Also a Dan-O 6 string bass and a Silvertone/Dan-O 1478/U2. But my go to is usually my SG 70's Tribute.
I don't often buy new guitars online but I scored a super closeout deal and it was perfect out of the box. I know some other cats that bought lower end Gibsons from around that period and they were not happy. I just got lucky.Image
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Gibson ES-165 Herb Ellis is one of the only guitars that has ever made me say "oh, that's it, there's no going up from here."

CapnLockheed wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:55 pm Ha! I've got that EXACT same Dan-O 12 string....blue sparkle finish and all! Also a Dan-O 6 string bass and a Silvertone/Dan-O 1478/U2. But my go to is usually my SG 70's Tribute.
I don't often buy new guitars online but I scored a super closeout deal and it was perfect out of the box. I know some other cats that bought lower end Gibsons from around that period and they were not happy. I just got lucky.Image
nice!
my main squeeze, is my epiphone sg ive had since i was 12/13. im more than happy with it, plays like silk under my hands mmmm.

my other main squeeze, is sadly not blue, and only has 6 strings, but is the dan electro 58 double cutaway :love:
took me a bit to enjoy the neck on this one, but once i did it's a beauty :love:

also have a shitty marlin. :x

This, it's always just on the couch. I love to solo over commercials. Brings new life to tired old jingles. My guests really appreciate it too, I think, I've never asked.

I have an Ibanez Prestige ready to go in my bedroom. On the couch, an old plucker like a nylon string works well.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:09 pm Image

Gibson ES-165 Herb Ellis is one of the only guitars that has ever made me say "oh, that's it, there's no going up from here."
I've played a number of ES-175's But those Herb Ellis 175's are in a universe by themselves.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I tend to change both my goto-electric and - bass every half a year or so... I have for each of these a few in rotation for that.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:43 pm This, it's always just on the couch. I love to solo over commercials. Brings new life to tired old jingles.
Be careful, that's taken me down a dark path (Classical Orchestration)

Return to “Guitars”