Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

:D Demo Video for Twin 3 Discovery :D

https://vimeo.com/883556743?share=copy

Do people who were raving about the sound quality , analogue saturation and filters still enjoy this synth?

I’ve just demoed it recently and have been impressed by the pleasant sound quality. It is not too much, definitely too edgy. Not trying to sound like hardware too hard. Still, somehow resembles a pleasant analogue poly sound. Maybe I am just gasing for something new. I liked the sound better than Repro. What is wrong with me. Bored?

audiouser720 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:20 am Do people who were raving about the sound quality , analogue saturation and filters still enjoy this synth?

I’ve just demoed it recently and have been impressed by the pleasant sound quality. It is not too much, definitely too edgy. Not trying to sound like hardware too hard. Still, somehow resembles a pleasant analogue poly sound. Maybe I am just gasing for something new. I liked the sound better than Repro. What is wrong with me. Bored?

Well for me the synth of the moment is ... Avenger 2. If you don't have it. Don't look somewhere else.

Twin 3 is still a very good synth for me, here is what I like and don't like:

Excellent:
- UI is a very strong point, if you are into subtractive synthesis only, this synth is awesome and give you excellent visual feedback.
- Sound quality is very good also, on par with the top players.
- IT HAS AN IPAD VERSION !!!! That means that you can sketch sounds on the go. I love this feature ( I am an Android guy but bought an Ipad just for that :-)).

Average:
- Modulation system is good but not excellent. it is quite fun and easy to do things but for complex scenarios, you can get stuck.

Not so good:
- The synth features are VERY limited. The routing capacity are very low, you can have 4 filters in // or series, oscillators amplitude modulating each others but that's pretty it. The effects orders is fix except I think for the distortion. The effects are generally good but not very configurable except the delay which has multiple filters in it, quite funny.

Conclusion: A very good little synth. What it does it does it very well, sometimes better than any other synth. But it doesn't do a lot...

Agree with Jac459 on all points. I should use it a lot more often actually... it's a nice bread&butter synth
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

It's still broken in VST3 in Komplete Kontrol - anything with an ARP or even tempo synced just doesn't play back properly

Jac459 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:50 am
audiouser720 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:20 am Do people who were raving about the sound quality , analogue saturation and filters still enjoy this synth?

Well for me the synth of the moment is ... Avenger 2. If you don't have it. Don't look somewhere else.

Excellent:
- UI is a very strong point, if you are into subtractive synthesis only, this synth is awesome and give you excellent visual feedback.
- IT HAS AN IPAD VERSION !!!! That means that you can sketch sounds on the go. I love this feature ( I am an Android guy but bought an Ipad just for that :-)).

Average:
- Modulation system is good but not excellent. it is quite fun and easy to do things but for complex scenarios, you can get stuck.

Not so good:
- The synth features are VERY limited. The routing capacity are very low, you can have 4 filters in // or series, oscillators amplitude modulating each others but that's pretty it. The effects orders is fix except I think for the distortion. The effects are generally good but not very configurable except the delay which has multiple filters in it, quite funny.

Conclusion: A very good little synth. What it does it does it very well, sometimes better than any other synth. But it doesn't do a lot...
It does more than I usually need in a synth and sounds great doing it, so... it's one of my favorite synths. I've removed many others since getting it.

I do wish that panning voices was built in rather than having to "build" it.

It's a great synth overall.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:37 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:50 am

Excellent:

Average:

Not so good:

It does more than I usually need in a synth and sounds great doing it, so... it's one of my favorite synths. I've removed many others since getting it.

I do wish that panning voices was built in rather than having to "build" it.

It's a great synth overall.
Yeah, we have all different needs with a synth, nothing wrong in that.

Return to “Instruments”