Ample Metal Hellrazer some notes don't play when dragging tab to DAW

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using Ample Metal Hellrazer.
When I load Guitar Pro tab and drag it into the DAW the key switches are causing issues.
All the MIDI notes are there but some of them don't play.
I am assuming it is the keyswitches because if I nudge them, the other notes play and notes that previously played do not.
I tried in Reaper, Cubase 12 Pro and Studio One 6 Pro.
I also tried both export modes, Channel and Keyswitch.
They all behaved the same.

As a workaround I can import the tab to a riff and drag it in to the DAW and the MIDI works however, the Riffer is limited to 64 measures. If your song is over 64 measures this method doesn't work.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks.

I did a quick test and if I mute all the key switches, all the notes play.
I am not sure why but the problem seems to be with the key switches.
I thought it might be related to their positions but I have tried nudging them left and right and neither fixed the issue.

I tried one last thing and I think I am getting to the bottom of this issue.
I exported MIDI from the Tab Reader panel.
Then, in the Tab Reader panel, I used the Convert Measures to Riff function and then exported the MIDI from the Riffer panel.

When I compared the two MIDI tracks, the notes are the same but the key switches are radically different.
I think there is a bug in the function that converts the tab reader data to MIDI.
Can I report this bug to Ample Sound and if I do, will they fix it?

Matthew Ruggiero wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:36 pm I tried one last thing and I think I am getting to the bottom of this issue.
I exported MIDI from the Tab Reader panel.
Then, in the Tab Reader panel, I used the Convert Measures to Riff function and then exported the MIDI from the Riffer panel.

When I compared the two MIDI tracks, the notes are the same but the key switches are radically different.
I think there is a bug in the function that converts the tab reader data to MIDI.
Can I report this bug to Ample Sound and if I do, will they fix it?
Hi Matthew, could you send an example Tab to us or PM me?

Return to “Ample Sound”