Note Action Map is not working in REAPER (solved)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The midi notes from REAPER are not triggering the corresponding scenes like it should, based on the Note Action Map.

The only time the scenes get triggered is when I click on each key in the vertical piano roll on the Note Action Map window. Is there something that I need to enable for it to automatically work with REAPER as the host?
NoteActionMapReaper.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by digaldeman on Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Make sure the notes reach that composer module.
You can use the Event Monitor to check the event flow.

mutools wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:56 pm Make sure the notes reach that composer module.
You can use the Event Monitor to check the event flow.
How do I do that? I tried adding an Event Monitor module in the Project Modular Area but I don't know how/where to connect it. Can you please give me a screenshot of the correct routing?

Did you insert MuLab Effect or MuLab Instrument?

pljones wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:21 pm Did you insert MuLab Effect or MuLab Instrument?

I've tried both and it still doesn't work.
NoteActionMapReaper2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It doesn't work in FL Studio either.
NoteActionMapFLS.PNG

Add the event monitor, connected to the VST MIDI Input:
MuLabProjectAreaEventMonitor.png
(Note this is Mulab 9.0.59 still - should be the same on 9.1.)

Any of the event processor modules can be placed the same way:
MuLabProjectAreaEventProcessors.png

Thanks pljones, it's working now!

Your screenshot helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. I didn't understand that I had to replace the Synth module with the Composer module. Then double click on the Composer module to set up the Scenes.

For others who will find this thread in the future, I've attached a
  • screenshot of the routing,
    a gif showing the steps,
    and a REAPER file with a small example
NoteActionMapReaper-working.PNG
MulabNoteActionMap+REAPER.zip

Return to “MUTOOLS”