Cableguys FilterShaper XL UPDATE + Intro Offer ENDS SOON

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FilterShaper XL

egbert101 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:18 pm I really like this effect, but there is one rather strange problem: no one shot. I would like to use the effect as a filter, but not as an LFO filter? In other words, using the brilliant envelopes as an actual envelope and not as an infinitely looping LFO. Is it possible? Could a one-shot mode transform this effect?
There's One Shot mode. If you turn on MIDI triggering, a button with a Loop icon appears next to the "MIDI" button. Turn of the Loop button and you got One-Shot mode.

Ahh, I just found it too. Wonderful.

EDIT: Game changer for me. The video on the original post really got me interested by the snappy envelopes, but took ages trying to find how to control it via MIDI and then with the one shot function, now it's a sound design dream come true. I bought this and also updated to ShaperBox 3. A huge well done.
<list your stupid gear here>

I like the plugin, I prefer midi learn option with right click for a faster work flow, though

Hey everyone,
My friends and I worked on an orchestral composition that is probably not the typical genre for this plugin, but we find the result very musical actually!
In case if you wanted to check out Filtershaper XL in that context:

https://youtu.be/HhjlKRC9PLE

Instruments used:
CineSamples Musio
NI Super 8 (Theremin)
Minimal amounts of synths from Arturia Pigment 3

I have the Filtershaper 3 and I cannot get into my account, submitted my reset password several times and never got an email back, also submitted support request and no response from Cableguys.

alexfalcao wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:52 pm I have the Filtershaper 3 and I cannot get into my account, submitted my reset password several times and never got an email back, also submitted support request and no response from Cableguys.
Hi, did you check your spam/junk filter, as it sounds like the mails went in there? If you still don't find the mails, please contact me via private message and we'll figure it out :tu:

In The Mix wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:28 pm Hey everyone,
My friends and I worked on an orchestral composition that is probably not the typical genre for this plugin, but we find the result very musical actually!

Instruments used:
CineSamples Musio
NI Super 8 (Theremin)
Supercool! FilterShaper XL worked very well combined with the orchestral instruments, I find!

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:23 pm
In The Mix wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:28 pm Hey everyone,

Instruments used:
CineSamples Musio
NI Super 8 (Theremin)
Supercool! FilterShaper XL worked very well combined with the orchestral instruments, I find!
It sure does! What I would suggest for fellow musicians and cableguys users to try this. Sometimes just adding a preset to a simple chord progression generates a ton of interesting ideas that in turn they could build a whole composition around. Most orchestral arrangers would probably approach it the other way around, but this technique is magical.

I would really like to see Curve 3 with sample and wavetable oscillators, combined with FilterShaper XL's filters and modulation.
<list your stupid gear here>

I'm using this for all my sidechain style ducking as well as filter sweeps. Is there any chance we can get keyswitches in this like in ShaperBox?

egbert101 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:44 pm I would really like to see Curve
So would I. I think it has stuff written on its cute little GUI.
All fine print though... which doesn't spell any good :scared:

Hi all! We just released FilterShaper XL 1.0.2 – and the intro price of just €49 / $49 ends soon, on Sunday 19th May, after which it will cost €79 / $79.

So what's new? You can now copy and paste LFOs globally across all instances of FilterShaper XL – and even between instances of ShaperBox (v3.5.1 and above). This feature will come to other Cableguys plugins in future.

Additionally, presets can now be saved and loaded in FXP format via the Main Menu. And we've fixed various bugs too.

All changes in FilterShaper XL 1.0.2:
  • New: Presets can be saved and loaded in FXP format via the Main Menu.
  • Improved: Copy/paste of LFO waveforms now works globally across all versions of ShaperBox, FilterShaper XL and MidiShaper released after April 2024.
  • Fixed: MIDI Pitch mode reverted to its default note when the transport was stopped.
  • Fixed: The "No MIDI triggers detected" notification did not work correctly for Amount and Speed LFOs, or for any LFO that used MIDI Pitch mode.
  • Fixed: The "No MIDI triggers detected" notification did not disappear until the second detected MIDI event.
FilterShaper XL 1.0.2 is a free update for all existing users. Log in to download at www.cableguys.com

Return to “Effects”