iLok license manager has to be reinstalled every restart

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it *is* a configuration thing.
Here, and I have seen online I'm nowhere near alone in this, every time I restart this machine (it's an early 2021 M1 MacBook, this was true for OS13 and no change in OS14) iLok LM is kaput and has to be reinstalled. I have seen involved/elaborate fixes for it using Terminal I don't really trust, for more than one reason.
So after months of this now I'm wondering if anyone here has any insight.

/other issue sorted/delete

The restart killing the thing every time is not a showstopper like this other isssue. The installer downloads in about one second and installs easily (and it appears many people have tried to sort it by the support avenue such as it is). but I wonder if anyone here has this issue.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not a mac guy. Is their anything like the installer run for everybody who use the computer or just the admin?
Regards.
maanga

no, that's really a purely windows convention, there is nothing but me the administrator on any mac I'll run. there is no guest account. This is still the case, it wasn't Mac OS13.6's fault. thanks for the thought, tho :)

i had the same problem. There is a thread about it here.
Don´t remember the details. I was also on a M1mac at that time.
wait,..... here:
viewtopic.php?p=8663626&hilit=I+lok#p8663626
Not sure if you´ll find for you helpful details in there.

Thanks. That thread says uninstall it properly. Today the uninstall routine surprisingly worked. It meant no change in the behavior however.

jancivil wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:04 pm … every time I restart this machine … iLok LM is kaput and has to be reinstalled.
Does it give any type of error or message? Does it just start downloading and reinstalls by itself?

“It doesn’t work” doesn’t really tell anyone anything lol.
jancivil wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:04 pm I have seen involved/elaborate fixes for it using Terminal I don't really trust, for more than one reason.
“Don’t trust” as in you can’t interpret the commands being run? Or you can interpret them and can tell they are doing something unwanted to the system?

If the former, post a link (if it’s like a reasonably legit site), it might be a solution.
jancivil wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:04 pm The restart killing the thing every time is not a showstopper like this other isssue. The installer downloads in about one second and installs easily (and it appears many people have tried to sort it by the support avenue such as it is). but I wonder if anyone here has this issue.
… I wish I’d read this part before typing all the above lol. So if it’s not a show stopper like the iLok Cloud sessions closing/hanging thing, are you wanting ppl to help you troubleshoot, or just to discuss it in general? (I’ve learned to ask if ppl want help solving a problem or just want ppl to listen lol).

Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 7.36.58 PM.png
"If rebooting doesn't fix the issue": "this page" is an FAQ kind of page that doesn't mention the issue.
are you wanting ppl to help you troubleshoot, or just to discuss it in general?
as I wrote:So after months of this now I'm wondering if anyone here has any insight.
It was August or something when I saw terminal fixes (the language accompanying such suggested a broader target than the single application; I don't implicitly trust someone's terminal routine as something to blindly apply, albeit some things are fairly obvious. What I was looking at you'd need to know vastly more than do I to even follow.
As it is, there is a simple fix anyone can follow.
Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 8.25.35 PM.png
The second of two entries was in the off position :dog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

As it stands, me continuing to experience the issue was down to me missing something obvious, that I understood perfectly but somehow missed anyway :? I bet NA opens without me having to manually enable two background component kind of things now as well.

I've deleted the stuff per the other problem to save some screen space but I will reiterate: iLok sorted me really promptly on it, contacting all the vendors licensed on the lost computers on my behalf by the next day, which they didn't use to do at all.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”