I'm looking for the synthesizer used in Dare Me

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I'm looking for a synth that has the same or a similar sound to the song Dare Me - The Pointer Sisters, it's like a high-pitched arp that sounds at minute 0:53 after saying You're Playin' with fire. Thanks:D

Link: https://youtu.be/80o_Vtu4wgE?si=Z4EMQ6Mwf2BxjWse&t=53

Great track 🌞
No auto tune...

On Discogs they list Minimoog, Oberheim DMX and E-Mu Emulator II that where used on the album. Unfortunately, other synths are not mentioned. In Dare Me the Emulator II was used for the snare drum.
Discogs

Raketenbauer wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:50 pm On Discogs they list Minimoog, Oberheim DMX and E-Mu Emulator II that where used on the album. Unfortunately, other synths are not mentioned. In Dare Me the Emulator II was used for the snare drum.
Discogs
Thanks man
I will look to see if I can find some vst emulators for those synths, but I would like to know how to recreate or the presets of that sound that I am looking for for synth1 or serum, etc, that arrangement of arpeggios sounds very melodic for song arrangements.

It sounds like some organ layered with saw an octave higher. Could be a Yamaha DX7 in the original track.
The organ sound can be easily recreated in Serum. Start with sine waveform in OSC A and add some harmonics in wavetable editor. Then add saw to OSC B and set it octave higher. Add some unison and detuning to both OSCs. Maybe add a bit of SUB osc sine. Route all through LH12 filter. In FX chain add a bit of delay and reverb.
Here is the sound recreated in Serum + Arturia Rev LX-24 reverb.
https://voca.ro/17pAnGS20aR8

bluesawsq wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:14 pm It sounds like some organ layered with saw an octave higher. Could be a Yamaha DX7 in the original track.
The organ sound can be easily recreated in Serum. Start with sine waveform in OSC A and add some harmonics in wavetable editor. Then add saw to OSC B and set it octave higher. Add some unison and detuning to both OSCs. Maybe add a bit of SUB osc sine. Route all through LH12 filter. In FX chain add a bit of delay and reverb.
Here is the sound recreated in Serum + Arturia Rev LX-24 reverb.
https://voca.ro/17pAnGS20aR8
:0Amazing
The sound is identical, can you give me the serum preset please bro?
I'm new to production and don't understand much about recreating presets with just prompts:(

I-Spy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:59 am :0Amazing
I'm new to production and don't understand much about recreating presets with just prompts:(
The Serum preset:
KEY Dare Me Organ.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bluesawsq wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:54 pm
I-Spy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:59 am :0Amazing
The Serum preset:
KEY Dare Me Organ.zip
Thanks man

Return to “Sound Design”