Security at Houston wouldn’t allow Linnstrument!

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At Houston airport. My Linnstrument,, which has travelled in and out of America several times, was flagged by security. The X-ray showed something in the corner which they didn’t like. They tried to open it but couldn’t. They said I couldn’t go through. I had to check it in, it’s in its soft case. I had no other option. It was that or miss my flight. Anyone else had that happen?!!

Texas.

I fly everywhere with mine, and have yet to have it flagged.

For the record though, I absolutely hate traveling to, from, or within the USA, be it by land, air, or sea; no matter the reason, but especially with gear...

Don't get me wrong, I love the country, but I cannot stand their border guards or customs policies. I rarely get hassled anywhere else in the world, but can honestly say that I've never crossed into the USA without being inconvenienced, discriminated against, and at times downright insulted.

I’m only ever there by invite of US clients, strictly to entertain, and always with my paper work in order; yet, every single visit, I feel dirty by the time I get to the other side. They even shook me down for lunch money once... I'm not kidding.

And I'm CANADIAN.

It sucks, but I literally plead with my agent to tour me anywhere but the USA.

End rant.

All that to say, you have my heartfelt empathy.

Cheers!

Well, we had a meeting and felt that Canadians should stay on their side of the border. 😂

Seriously, though. Airport security can be a nightmare anywhere in the world. I’m usually traveling with a lot of cables and had my fair share of secondary security screenings pretty much anywhere.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Haha... Duly noted.

;)

Cheers!

I always had trouble getting in to America when I used to go there for work, I’d get grilled for ages, I always expected to get turned away. I put it down to having long hair which for some reason in America seems to put you into some subclass.

And I’m not even Canadian!

I also used to have a MacBook pro 17” that always signalled possible explosives in the X-ray machine, so was then swabbed, machine, hands, wallet etc. bloody nightmare of a computer.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

It made it. In future I’ll put in deep within my checked suitcase…..Or not go to Texas.

BobDog wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:04 pm And I’m not even Canadian!
😂

John the Savage wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:27 am I fly everywhere with mine, and have yet to have it flagged.

For the record though, I absolutely hate traveling to, from, or within the USA, be it by land, air, or sea; no matter the reason, but especially with gear...
I've flown many flights across the world and never had issues with my Linnstrument.

And I concur, the US border is the most unprofessional and sometimes rude I have come across. It is the only one I have been insulted at and the only one I have had my possessions roughly removed and damaged (Thankfully not my Linnstrument).

Oh, and I am a US citizen.

@John the Savage. If it helps put things in perspective… my mom is Native. If we’re close to either North or South borders, border patrol singles her out every time. Same goes for flying… extra scrutiny every time. One of the only non-immigrants in this country that gets that same dirty feeling every time too.

But yeah… Texas.

Prejudice, in its many forms, is so disheartening.

But here we're are banding together in commiseration, so there's hope.

Cheers!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”