Will plug-in script support C.L.A.P. audio plugin format?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm still on the fence with buying this and not because of your plugin. It's more because I would be required to send a forum to someone (not you) to get signed in order for me to sell VST plugins. I don't want to legal battles either. I am just a guy whom can do a little programming and can get better. I am just 1 guy. Not a business. Hopefully become a small business.

C.L.A.P. however doesn't have this requirement.

I use Reaper and Reaper says it supports C.L.A.P. plugins.

If plugin script could support C.L.A.P. audio format, it would then be ahead of the game.

If you do consider adding C.L.A.P. support, then let me know!

VST3 licensing is not a big deal (it's just a simple agreement) and is necessary only if you distribute your exported plugins.

CLAP is on the radar but it is not spread enough to be worth the investment.

I've heard people waiting weeks for the approval of the agreement to come back.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:48 pm VST3 licensing is not a big deal (it's just a simple agreement) and is necessary only if you distribute your exported plugins.

CLAP is on the radar but it is not spread enough to be worth the investment.
I understand his concern. If someone wants to share VST3 plugins then there are legal requirements, even if you have a license. I think that the first plugin-building environment to support CLAP will take home many of the beans just because of friction and inertia. People will feel comfortable just building things and sticking them on some website or forum without having to comply with Steinberg's license agreement, which, is subject to change at their whim.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sure, having a "free" plug-in format is definitely a good thing. Back in the days we all though "VST" was almost this kind of thing as the license agreement was not really enforced, but it has definitely changed! Still not a huge deal so far though despite their lack of responsiveness.

Anyway, as I said, it's on the radar. It's just quite a bit of work and there is already quite a lot on our plate :-).

From my understanding that the GitHub for your scripts are almost a decade old and the plugin script isn't a priority. I personally understand. I've got GitHub projects from over a decade old that I no longer do maintenance on myself. There was a huge following back in the days when Team Fortress 2 was popular along side Sourcemod scripts.

If I ever wanted to add that feature for myself, can that be done with your Plugin Script?

If so, how would you recommend adding that feature as a add-on?

This has actually nothing to do with Plug'n Script (which BTW keeps being updated if you look at the history - a new preview is also available for existing customers). The example scripts have been indeed pretty stable for a while despite the new features being added to the plug-in.

Supporting a new plug-in format is more global project for all plug-ins rather than something specific to Plug'n Script. This is not something that you can add by yourself to it.

Ok.

Thank you so much for being patient and replying to my comments.

I am also respectfully requesting PNS to support CLAP export. I will not ever sign a Steinberg license. There are problems with VST3 midi also. If we could export a CLAP version, then the CLAP2VST wrapper can be used and CLAP hosts won't even need that. This is extremely desirable for me as well.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

CLAP would be so 😎 cool....

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”