Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:28 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:24 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:01 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:59 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 am Was the graphics acceleration a core issue that needed addressing?
Yes
Never had an issue personally so it must just be some users.
Many people have reported issues with a sluggish GUI. There have been multiple threads about it. The new beta is for sure snappier in the UI. Time will tell what the benefit is across the userbase.

Since the CPU is no longer using cycles to render the GUI, there must be more for the audio. That will benefit everyone, whether they experienced an obvious sluggishness or not.
This may be a side benefit of using the GPU - Theming!
(I am on a fairly high end NVidea Win 11, maybe that why I never had issues)

https://youtu.be/z4wCmJWyADE?si=Q7bAWC3JXpOXvkhv
What I like is when I look at a Polarity video, I feel there is more geek than me.

From an UI standpoint. I don't see any difference. It was good but not awesome before (maybe 35-45 fps, that is smooth when you don't scroll frantikely and aaaalmost smooth when you scroll very quick). It is good but not awesome now...

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:28 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:24 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:01 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:59 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 am Was the graphics acceleration a core issue that needed addressing?
Yes
Never had an issue personally so it must just be some users.
Many people have reported issues with a sluggish GUI. There have been multiple threads about it. The new beta is for sure snappier in the UI. Time will tell what the benefit is across the userbase.

Since the CPU is no longer using cycles to render the GUI, there must be more for the audio. That will benefit everyone, whether they experienced an obvious sluggishness or not.
This may be a side benefit of using the GPU - Theming!
(I am on a fairly high end NVidea Win 11, maybe that why I never had issues)

https://youtu.be/z4wCmJWyADE?si=Q7bAWC3JXpOXvkhv
Pretty neat, I just tried it.

I'm sick of having a million third party plugins, and I also use Linux, where...well, actually most of them work great with Yabridge. But still! I just want to use Bitwig devices, and a better Compressor is a big win for me!

spoontechnique wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am I'm sick of having a million third party plugins, and I also use Linux, where...well, actually most of them work great with Yabridge. But still! I just want to use Bitwig devices, and a better Compressor is a big win for me!
Happy for you mate!

Return to “Bitwig”