Harmony Bloom by Mario Nieto (MIDI plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmony Bloom

If I modulate F.Offset with a slow Bitwig LFO, then notes don't always play when they cross a trigger bar.

Paragonfx wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:21 pm hey mario great new features :)

unfortunately i have the problem that all projects crash where i have used harmony bloom
If I load the plugin normally it works but as soon as I load the project where I still used the old version the plugin crashes
It is also no longer possible to start the standalone version

Windows 10
DAW Bitwig 5.1.7
If you go to the live chat on Youtube from Mario's link above, this is being discussed in detail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0afANzGNzk

yes thank you :) amazing that he is working on the bugfix during the stream

unfortunately i have the problem that all projects crash where i have used harmony bloom
If I load the plugin normally it works but as soon as I load the project where I still used the old version the plugin crashes

Windows 10
DAW Bitwig 5.1.7
Hi, I've fixed this issue and uploaded new installers v 1.2.2. Please try the new version and let me know how it goes.

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:00 pm

Windows 10
DAW Bitwig 5.1.7
Hi, I've fixed this issue and uploaded new installers v 1.2.2. Please try the new version and let me know how it goes.
the new version works without problems, thanks for your quick solution :) :harp:

Finally got around to buying this.

Been dipping in and out of the live composing videos on Youtube and really love the amount of variety and immediate usability of the result. There's also much inspiration to be had in how Mario makes music. With all the above, in combination with the speed of development, updates etc. it's clear how much of a labour-of-love this is for them. All these feature-requests have ended up with the developer having a much better instrument, even if for nothing but their personal use, than I'm sure they'd ever imagined.

It's great to be part of such an open two-way relationship!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I’d love if we could get the different midi channels per bar feature in the vst version as well. It works great standalone but would be nice to have it in the daw as well.

Gross138 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:18 am I’d love if we could get the different midi channels per bar feature in the vst version as well. It works great standalone but would be nice to have it in the daw as well.
+1

That would be a great addition!

pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:48 am
Gross138 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:18 am I’d love if we could get the different midi channels per bar feature in the vst version as well. It works great standalone but would be nice to have it in the daw as well.
+1

That would be a great addition!
+1 +1

I note that Stochas and Riffer can assign the 4 different “layers” to different channels. Perhaps there is some challenge to do this from one “layer.”

In any case, ‘twould be a delight.

Else thanks for the rapid development!

hi!

As far as I know, some DAWs, when doing internal MIDI routing, combine all channels, which means it's not possible to send it through tracks internally. This reason made me postpone this feature in the plugin version. One way to achieve this is by doing external routing (at least that's how Riffer works). I'll check this in a future update.

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:52 pm hi!

As far as I know, some DAWs, when doing internal MIDI routing, combine all channels, which means it's not possible to send it through tracks internally. This reason made me postpone this feature in the plugin version. One way to achieve this is by doing external routing (at least that's how Riffer works). I'll check this in a future update.
Hey, if some DAW's don't support the feature, that's okay... most do internally and that would be most convenient for users. I would for sure make use of that in Bitwig for example. I use midi channels internally all the time.

Yea Live combines all the channels into one, sadly.

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:52 pm As far as I know, some DAWs, when doing internal MIDI routing, combine all channels, which means it's not possible to send it through tracks internally. This reason made me postpone this feature in the plugin version. One way to achieve this is by doing external routing (at least that's how Riffer works). I'll check this in a future update.
Studio One allows assigning of MIDI channels and does not combine them. I will check Luna later.

- edit - Luna also allows assigning of MIDI channels and does not combine them.

Cubase also handles separate MIDI channels just fine.

It's a routine thing to do when sending messages from MIDI generating plugins to many of the premier samplers, synths and drum plugins, including HALion, Kontakt, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Groove Agent, Maschine, etc.

Allowing the plugin to send multiple MIDI channels would indeed add an entire dimension for almost everyone except Ableton Live users and it would be very much welcomed also by me. :-)

So if the limitation is only in Ableton, then it's worth adding this feature in the plugin version to do it internally. I'll get on it right away!

Return to “Instruments”